RC Enthusiast

Traxxas link steering reversing

Every time I open Traxxas link steering to adjust my left right it reverses my steering

You can reverse it back by going to Garage>Channel Setup>Steering and then select Normal or Reversed.

Just select the one that isn't highlighted to change it back.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Enthusiast
    The only way it works correctly is reverse in the program. I was trying to make everything normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Larebow View Post
    The only way it works correctly is reverse in the program. I was trying to make everything normal.
    Are you using a 2085 or 2085X steering servo or aftermarket?

The reason I ask, is because Reverse is Normal for the 2085 and 2085X servos and if you went to an aftermarket servo, you would probably have to select Normal for left and right to be oriented correctly.

On some aftermarket servos, you have no tab on the receiver plug and it is possible to accidentally plug them in wrong.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 03-19-2020 at 10:35 PM.

I apologize, as I need to correct something in my post #4. I forgot that I had used a different transmitter today with a vehicle I have aftermarket servos in and my Traxxas Link App was synced to those settings.

I just fired up the X-Maxx for a couple of minutes to check the steering settings in my Traxxas Link App, and Normal is the setting for the 2085 and 2085X. If you were using an aftermarket servo, more than likely, you would have to select Reverse for the servo to have the proper orientation.

As for the receiver plugs on the end of some aftermarket servos, I stand by my previous statement that some may not have the tab to ensure that you are plugging it in correctly, and it is very possible to plug them in wrong. Would it result in reversed steering? I have no idea because I have never plugged an aftermarket servo in backwards on accident to the receiver to find out.

Every time I open Traxxas link steering to adjust my left right it reverses my steering
    Set up the app and save a profile to the car. I only have issues with cars tx without my bt module. If I use different tx I have to set up that tx without bt

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the help..
    That makes sense.
    I'm having a bad rc day just smoked a savox SMH.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help..
    That makes sense.
    I'm having a bad rc day just smoked a savox SMH.
    ¿What's the reason to pinch the servo harness?