4 Tec 2.0 with Honda FD-2 Type R Body

I got the 4 Tec 2.0 chassis (brushed version) and decided to go with something unique for the body, something noticeable from the crowd. So I started searching through many different touring and drift car bodies. The first thing that I noticed was that many 4 Tec owners chose to go with classic American muscle cars such as the Camaro or Mustang, or cool supercars such as a Ferrari. Very few people went with well-known Japanese cars, such as the Nissan Skyline or Acura NSX. Although I really like the NSX, I wanted to have a car with a more exotic look. After browsing on eBay for some time, I came across a Honda Civic Type R body (seller did not specify, but I'm pretty sure its an FD-2). Since it also came with polycarbonate light buckets I decided that I have found the perfect body for my Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0 chassis. After I cut out and painted the body, I installed some LEDs on it to make it look even better. Here are a couple of pictures that I have taken of it (more pics coming soon!) :

Last edited by RCWilly; 03-19-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    [IMG]IMG_0443.jpeg[/IMG]
    Don't see any photo. Upload again, please?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Sorry for it being only on Flickr, I need to find a better way to post it...

New Touring Tires:

RC Competitor
    Sweet pics and can u show what that metal stand u have under it? I'm storing mine on the spinner stand.

The stand that I have under it is an aluminum stand (was actually my soldering iron stand XD)
    Heres some pictures of the dimensions:

RC Competitor
    Thanks man I'm thinking of making those but similar to Formula 1 jacks (looks like a furniture dolly if you've seen it)

RC Qualifier
    That’s an awesome ride , I love it! Who makes the body?
    I own a late model turbo Civic Hatchback ( yes, a GenX 45 year old who drives a “teenager’s car”.) so yeah I love it.
    That said there are a few other bodies I wish were available for on road cars.
    I know people are making GM G Body ( Monte Carlo/ Regal Etc ) but they are only made for short course size for oval racing. Same thing with the Fox Body Mustang. They make one for no prep drag racing SCT but not for On Road cars.

Here's the link to the body (its on eBay, I think it is unbranded): https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Honda-...72.m2749.l2649

Also, Bittydesigns has a body that looks almost exactly like the FK8 (but does not have the honda logo on it):
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/bittyde...25-hcm/p988641

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    That’s an awesome ride , I love it! Who makes the body?
    I own a late model turbo Civic Hatchback ( yes, a GenX 45 year old who drives a “teenager’s car”.) so yeah I love it.
    That said there are a few other bodies I wish were available for on road cars.
    I know people are making GM G Body ( Monte Carlo/ Regal Etc ) but they are only made for short course size for oval racing. Same thing with the Fox Body Mustang. They make one for no prep drag racing SCT but not for On Road cars.
    A company called Aplastics makes a 1/10 on road Grand National and I've had their Fox body GT on my Tec for over two years.

I thought those were soldering iron stands...

RC Competitor
    Yea it is a soldering stand