RC Racer

Vxl motor cutting out

My motor has recently started acting funny. While racing it'll start getting glitchy. It losing partial power and comes back to full power. Then sometimes it'll fully cut off. It's only 3 months old. Anyone else had this problem? We diagnosed the esc and battery, there both good, which leaves the motor...

Does it seem to stutter when you apply power? Do you have to roll on power slowly to keep it from stuttering? If so, the problem is likely your servo is drawing too much power, causing your BEC to brown out; which is an indicator that your servo is about to fail.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    It'll run full power for a minute or two, then it'll start to stutter, then usually it'll either lose all power and turn off the esc, or recover and gain full power again and the process will repeat. But when I turn esc back on it, it doesnt stutter at first. Sometimes it'll go 5 minutes before it starts doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Does it seem to stutter when you apply power? Do you have to roll on power slowly to keep it from stuttering? If so, the problem is likely your servo is drawing too much power, causing your BEC to brown out; which is an indicator that your servo is about to fail.
    The servo is also only 3 months old. I bought everything brand new.

And I dont think it matters, but it is tsm equipped but I keep it turned all the way down on the transmitter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-28-2020 at 02:54 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Username for me View Post
    My motor has recently started acting funny. While racing it'll start getting glitchy. It losing partial power and comes back to full power. Then sometimes it'll fully cut off. It's only 3 months old. Anyone else had this problem? We diagnosed the esc and battery, there both good, which leaves the motor...
    Probably the esc or something is wrong with the wiring or it could be something internal in the motor.

RC Qualifier
    most likely the motor to esc connectors , sometimes they get loose for some reason , thats my guess, or the motor is shot

What batteries are you using?

RC Racer
    I almost think it's the wires going into the motor, but they have the protective cover over them so I cant see the solder joint. But my battery is a zeee 100c 2s 4300mah

Have you tried a different battery?

What is the LED on the ESC doing when this is happening?

RC Racer
    No the battery is good, unless the 100c is too much for a traxxas esc. But the esc led will turn red when it cuts out.

I recently put the esc, motor, servo, and receiver into a slash drag car and I'm not having any issues, but I'm not jumping it with this set up (obviously) so it's got to be either the traxxas plug for the zeee battery or, when I jump it going around the track, something is loosing connection. I hate chasing electric demons.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-14-2020 at 12:51 AM. Reason: merge