RC poster

TRX4 Crawler Kit Body Options

Hi Guys- I tried searching the forum but couldnít find my answer. I just finished setting up my crawler kit and the land cruiser body I purchased does not fit. Can anyone tell me what bodies do fit the kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    The wheel base is the same as sport.... As you can see the pic of tactical is before i added long chassis kit and the raptor body is after i installed the kit.

Sport body (orange in pics) is for 12.3" wheelbase and raptor is 12.7"

What is making you say it doesn't fit? The wheels don't line up with the wheel wells? Or you have the wrong body posts?

Also the wheel wells that come with the kit are large, I had to change them to narrow wells to properly fit my sport body.

Send pics, always help analyse the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for getting back to me. The reason the body doesnít fit is because of the wheel wells. Honestly, I am not in love with it anyway. So happy to keep the large wheel wells and see what does fit.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nwkaustin View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. The reason the body doesnít fit is because of the wheel wells. Honestly, I am not in love with it anyway. So happy to keep the large wheel wells and see what does fit.

RC Racer
    The narrow fenders should solve your problem. I prefer them as well because so far all my bodies fit now that I have them.

RC poster
    If I want to keep the large fenders what bodies will fit?

RC Racer
    Traxxas sport body will fit.
    Proline 4Runner

Traxxas tactical and proline Raptor did not.

Also, traxxas tactical and defender have built in wheel wells.

I haven't tried any others, sorry, hipefully others can share which bodies they have that fit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    312-313 mm bodies are plentiful. For the bronco/sport wheel base.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    312-313 mm bodies are plentiful. For the bronco/sport wheel base.

His issue doesn't seem to be the wheel base, but rather just the large fenders.

IMO the kits should come with the narrow fenders so it could be more adept to accepting different model bodies.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    His issue doesn't seem to be the wheel base, but rather just the large fenders.

IMO the kits should come with the narrow fenders so it could be more adept to accepting different model bodies.

Ahh. Thanks for straightening me out. I donít run inner fenders, I thought about it, but the slim fenders plus the little extensions seems like more trouble than itís worth for me.

RC poster
    I just finished building the same thing with the defender body. To fit the defender body (tactical is the same length I think), you need the wheelbase extension kit, it replaces the wheel wells with shock towers and longer linkages for the rear. Then the Defender (with it's built in wheel wells) fits perfectly, but if you have the cage, you may need to get the body mount kit since the chassis kit doesn't come with the slightly longer body mount posts (one annoying notch too short).

It's the most expensive way to get the TRX Defender, but I love the build and feel like I can fix any of it now. Matter of fact, I loved building mine with upgraded parts so much that I just got another kit to build as stock with traxx and tactical body for while I'm working at home. Eventually I plan on 3D printing details for the tactical body.
    Last edited by akira; 03-23-2020 at 07:29 PM.