RC Competitor

Possible new owner UDR

Hi everyone, I got the ok to purchase a UDR, but it's dependent on the Corona virus and whether or not we get our $1000 stimulus check in April.

If not, I have a bonus coming from work. Really excited and getting research done now.

I'm good at soldering so I'm looking for different ways to change the esc plug without reattaching to the stock hole location. I will be using a single 4s or a single 6s that I already have.

I'm thinking of keeping an xt90 plug outside the hole, maybe an inch so it's flexible and I can plug/unplug with a little slack.
    Last edited by Xrayray; 03-22-2020 at 01:23 PM.

RC Champion
    Wahoo
    Stimulus

UDR is cool

sitting there

The Maxx is so much more fun durable and cheaper

Enjoy what you do
    fabricator

RC Racer
    More durable is relative, to how one drives the vehicle. If you want to jump houses, then whichever Maxx you're referring to would be more durable. But I suspect the OP's interest in the UDR isn't based on a desire to jump houses.

And you're right, the UDR does look better sitting still. The Maxx trucks look like RC trucks, and the UDR looks like a 1:1 truck. Most of our trucks spend much more time sitting still than being driven, so the "sitting still" factor is real benefit to the UDR. I sit mine on the living room floor all the time just to stare at it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    More durable is relative, to how one drives the vehicle. If you want to jump houses, then whichever Maxx you're referring to would be more durable. But I suspect the OP's interest in the UDR isn't based on a desire to jump houses.

And you're right, the UDR does look better sitting still. The Maxx trucks look like RC trucks, and the UDR looks like a 1:1 truck. Most of our trucks spend much more time sitting still than being driven, so the "sitting still" factor is real benefit to the UDR. I sit mine on the living room floor all the time just to stare at it.
    Haha you guys read my mind, I stare at my helicopters all the time, I'm tired of breaking them.

My Slash will continue to be the basher, the UDR will probably be for speed and drifting on dirt or grass, but that's about it.

RC Racer
    Also, if you're thinking of having extra wire on the truck side of the battery connectors, I'd be surprised if you could fit the connectors under the battery tray cover.

That compartment is pretty tight once you've slid the cover back on.

RC Competitor
    Also, if you're thinking of having extra wire on the truck side of the battery connectors, I'd be surprised if you could fit the connectors under the battery tray cover.

That compartment is pretty tight once you've slid the cover back on.
    Yea that's the info I needed. Thanks!

If I had extra length of battery or esc wire, could I push it all through the hole and into the truck before closing the tray? Theoretically less stuff outside the truck...?

Im just using my imagination since I don't have it yet, so sad...
    Last edited by Xrayray; 03-22-2020 at 09:37 PM.

RC Racer
    Yes. You've got plenty of space on the inverted tub side of the battery connectors.

It's only inside of the battery compartment itself where you start running out of room very quickly.

RC Racer
    Yes. You've got plenty of space on the inverted tub side of the battery connectors.

It's only inside of the battery compartment itself where you start running out of room very quickly.

Sorry for the double posts. Hopefully a mod will delete this.

RC Competitor

Thanks I will figure it out, sounds very doable and simpler by using just one connector.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayray View Post
    Hi everyone, I got the ok to purchase a UDR, but it's dependent on the Corona virus and whether or not we get our $1000 stimulus check in April.

If not, I have a bonus coming from work. Really excited and getting research done now.

I'm good at soldering so I'm looking for different ways to change the esc plug without reattaching to the stock hole location. I will be using a single 4s or a single 6s that I already have.

I'm thinking of keeping an xt90 plug outside the hole, maybe an inch so it's flexible and I can plug/unplug with a little slack.
    there is a 3dprint file on thingyverse to print a XT90 holder for the udr chassis

RC poster
    Why all the UDR negativity? I've had mine for over 2 years, liked it so much I built another one all hopped up on upgrades. In the over 2 years i had the original with NO upgrades all stock, I replaced the front skid plate and swapped out 2 bad servos. I do maintenance often about 3 times a year by changing DIFF and shock fluids. I keep it clean. With light bashing a whole lot of jumping and out of this world doughnuts. IMHO it's a monster of a truck that also looks absolutely AWESOME!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by akconcept View Post
    Why all the UDR negativity? I've had mine for over 2 years, liked it so much I built another one all hopped up on upgrades. In the over 2 years i had the original with NO upgrades all stock, I replaced the front skid plate and swapped out 2 bad servos. I do maintenance often about 3 times a year by changing DIFF and shock fluids. I keep it clean. With light bashing a whole lot of jumping and out of this world doughnuts. IMHO it's a monster of a truck that also looks absolutely AWESOME!
    Totally agree with this.

Looking to get my 2nd UDR not, just waiting for the backorder situation to resolve on the RIGID with LED (canada).

X-Maxx for total bash (so tough) and UDR for sliding fun with awesome suspension action.

RC Enthusiast
    Going by your name,xray I assume you race ? I love my UDR but the best upgrade I did for racing around my backyard was to get my xb4 and et410 out and park the UDR. if your trying to go fast and pretend like your racing ...eh, but if u our amazed at how it looks then UDR all the way.oh its stupid fast btw.

RC poster
    Thanks to everyone here for all the amazing advice!