RC poster

2.0 More power in front than rear

My erevo seems to get more power to the 2 front wheels then the back is this normal or what could be wrong

Probably low on center diff fluid or it needs changed. It is 20 million weight fluid, traxxas pn 5040, if you want to try that.

You could also disconnect the driveshafts from the center diff and check the front driveline and rear driveline separately for binding. If there is no binding, I would go ahead and pull the center diff and replace the fluid.

RC poster
    Thank you. I’ll give that a try

Rear diff may also need to have fluid changed or it leaked out.

Different weights in front and rear will really change how the car handles.

Just a fresh fill makes a difference.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Putting enough 20M in is a bit of a pain. I heated my diff cup up with a torch after removing the ring gear. I held it in a vice via the other cup and lapped the side of the cup with a torch to get heat into it. Then the "oil" became more fluid and settled in around the spider gears better. I put enough in to get up to the cross bars that hold the spiders and while it was still warm, I rested the ring gear with the other sun gear on it and let it settle, then I let it cool, put some loctite on the screws and put it back together.

Really hoping that did it for me as getting to the center diff is a pain.

Anyone run anything in it other than the 20M? Like 500K or 1M just to see how it reacts? I'd try some 1M if it wasn't such a pain to get at. Kind of wondering if 1M would work better in it as it would stick to the gears more and be easier to fill it. Granted, even that takes time to settle, but it will at room temp if you give it some time.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Putting enough 20M in is a bit of a pain. I heated my diff cup up with a torch after removing the ring gear. I held it in a vice via the other cup and lapped the side of the cup with a torch to get heat into it. Then the "oil" became more fluid and settled in around the spider gears better. I put enough in to get up to the cross bars that hold the spiders and while it was still warm, I rested the ring gear with the other sun gear on it and let it settle, then I let it cool, put some loctite on the screws and put it back together.

Really hoping that did it for me as getting to the center diff is a pain.

Anyone run anything in it other than the 20M? Like 500K or 1M just to see how it reacts? I'd try some 1M if it wasn't such a pain to get at. Kind of wondering if 1M would work better in it as it would stick to the gears more and be easier to fill it. Granted, even that takes time to settle, but it will at room temp if you give it some time.
    I feel like 1 million weight is gonna make that thing open diff to the front wheels constantly. Yeah 1 million weight sounds thick, but it’s still 20 times thinner than what was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    I feel like 1 million weight is gonna make that thing open diff to the front wheels constantly. Yeah 1 million weight sounds thick, but it’s still 20 times thinner than what was in there.
    I do as well... but figured I'd ask and see if anyone else has tried it. I know mine loosens up quite a bit throughout a pack. Starts out stiff, but after about 5 minutes, the fronts spin about as much as my outcast 6s with 300k in the center.

My preference on center diff would be as locked as possible so 20M and then just play the the diff weight to make it more forward or rear biased as desired.

I generally keep it F/R diffs at same weight. Any time I must replace front I'll always replace the rear as well.

As I feel the diffs get pretty loose from fresh rebuild to swap.

RC Qualifier
    My girlfriend and I have identically setup 2.0's purchased 12 hours apart. Her center diff behaves perfectly, while mine "diffs out" more to the front. Perhaps your factory fill was skimpy like i'm guessing mine was.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    My girlfriend and I have identically setup 2.0's purchased 12 hours apart. Her center diff behaves perfectly, while mine "diffs out" more to the front. Perhaps your factory fill was skimpy like i'm guessing mine was.
    Only way I feel to check it. Is take center diff, front and rears out and check them.

Sometimes the seals on the diffs are not out in right from factory and leak. (Center won't do this to stiff) if rear leaked then power will go to front.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Only way I feel to check it. Is take center diff, front and rears out and check them.

Sometimes the seals on the diffs are not out in right from factory and leak. (Center won't do this to stiff) if rear leaked then power will go to front.

The front and rear diffs donít have anything to do with power going to the front or rear wheels. The front and rear diffs only affect power going to the left or right wheels of that diff. If the rear diff leaked out, power will go to the unloaded wheel on the left or right. The center diff is the only one that affects power going front/back.
    Last edited by justin13703; 03-26-2020 at 04:25 PM.

And for what it's worth, the center will leak if the screws come loose. That happened to me after I took it apart and put it back together using blue locktite. Luckily, nothing got damaged, but it did spin some of the goo out. Once it warms up, it becomes more fluid. Pretty sure I used orange locktite when I put it back together the last time. Perhaps red.

Good write up diff oil weights are to low for our cars IMHO. https://www.myrcbox.com/articles/tec...gy-and-truggy/