Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Well, I admit there is a learning curve here, an acceptable amount of entropy involved. When you have no woman or kids its all disposable income LOL. So I will be installing NEW 2085x servo later today. If it fails I will not be upset. I will not return it because I know exactly what is wrong. Maybe the polyfuse will reset within a day or two, maybe not.

Let Us Pray -

RC Gods, we pray for circuit board resilience, for ballooning tires of integrity and axle carriers of optimum flex.
    We pray that Hot Racing continues to put out awesome products. We pray that my X-Maxx will look superkewl with perforated stainless steel panels attached to the new VG rollcage. We pray that the puffy lipos will hold out a few more runs. We pray that continued comms here lift us all up out of noobland.

Tamiya and Kyosho forever

Amen

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty1313 View Post
    Well, I admit there is a learning curve here, an acceptable amount of entropy involved. When you have no woman or kids its all disposable income LOL. So I will be installing NEW 2085x servo later today. If it fails I will not be upset. I will not return it because I know exactly what is wrong. Maybe the polyfuse will reset within a day or two, maybe not.

Let Us Pray -

RC Gods, we pray for circuit board resilience, for ballooning tires of integrity and axle carriers of optimum flex.
    We pray that Hot Racing continues to put out awesome products. We pray that my X-Maxx will look superkewl with perforated stainless steel panels attached to the new VG rollcage. We pray that the puffy lipos will hold out a few more runs. We pray that continued comms here lift us all up out of noobland.

Tamiya and Kyosho forever

Amen
    I admit your prayer are very funny, I smile a lot with it. About the servo fuse, took it and put a wire, there are a lot of videos of it.

RC Enthusiast
    Happy to say it lasted a full run, HOWEVER, the steering kept flip flopping between normal and reverse !
    That'll mess with ur head.

When i play fps game i HAVE TO invert y axis.

Left handed.

I don't know which is more frustrating, a car that won't steer at all or a car that has a mind of its own.

surely i can reset this or something.

I'm not making this up, you guys

RC Enthusiast
    OK, can i have ONE good run?

After second new servo and reset i thought i was clear

NOPE

Clicky sounds for 5 mins then just spinning motor

I imagine this is a pinion gear loose

I don't care anymore

Not worth the money or stress

Selling for parts

RC Qualifier
    OK, can i have ONE good run?

After second new servo and reset i thought i was clear

NOPE

Clicky sounds for 5 mins then just spinning motor

I imagine this is a pinion gear loose

I don't care anymore

Not worth the money or stress

Selling for parts
    Sorry to read this, but, you can enjoy this X-Maxx, install an aftermarket servo, I instal one a few days ago and is very powerfull and no issues.

RC Champion
    Ha
    The Traxxas RC Gremlins at work
    One thing after another

Repairing for the next test is half the fun

Enjoy the journey
    fabricator

RC Enthusiast
    I'm sure i could yt this, in a predictable consecutive series of fails and fixes, but the corona nonsense has me unemployed so...
    craigslist.

If its the pinion gear stripped off of motor shaft... what can you do?

don't know, don't care

DONE

starting my own RC company that believes in quality and customer feedback more than quantity

I have invented the FIRST hybrid RC car. It has a Tesla Turbine / Homopolar generator (yes I am an actual inventor) to power four in-wheel motors and torque vectoring so there will be no servos. No puffy lipos. No ballooning tires.

RC Enthusiast
    yeah, the second 2085x worked fine for the first and second half until the tranny failed

RC Enthusiast
    This is not a joke. Traxxas should hire me immediately. Imagine an RC car that has only 5 moving parts, all rotary.
    I actually invented a cermet / carbon fiber composite for chassis and body.
    The metal in the cermet is heated via induction to cure the carbon fiber.

Do you know what a homopolar generator is? A Tesla Turbine?

Imagine pouring fuel into a tank but having electric power?

Best of both worlds.

No gears to strip. Maximum power and precision.

I'm done with entropy and planned obsolescence.

This world demands OTB thinking and quality.

Thank you, Traxxas, for making me extra angry.

I'm sure i could yt this, in a predictable consecutive series of fails and fixes, but the corona nonsense has me unemployed so...
    craigslist.

If its the pinion gear stripped off of motor shaft... what can you do?

don't know, don't care

DONE

starting my own RC company that believes in quality and customer feedback more than quantity

I have invented the FIRST hybrid RC car. It has a Tesla Turbine / Homopolar generator (yes I am an actual inventor) to power four in-wheel motors and torque vectoring so there will be no servos. No puffy lipos. No ballooning tires.
    This is not a joke. Traxxas should hire me immediately. Imagine an RC car that has only 5 moving parts, all rotary.
    I actually invented a cermet / carbon fiber composite for chassis and body.
    The metal in the cermet is heated via induction to cure the carbon fiber.

Do you know what a homopolar generator is? A Tesla Turbine?

Imagine pouring fuel into a tank but having electric power?

Best of both worlds.

No gears to strip. Maximum power and precision.

I'm done with entropy and planned obsolescence.

This world demands OTB thinking and quality.

Thank you, Traxxas, for making me extra angry.
    ??????
    Got pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    ??????
    Got pictures.
    Good idea grizzly; but he can't post pictures of something he hasn't patented yet or mass produced. I mean he could; but it would be highly risky for self preservation of his work alone. If his RC is advanced as he is saying it is, I would be scared to death to even mention it without a patent.

It takes years of intricate digging to find out how to patent something and make money from it without having your attorney costs actually exceed your profits. It is actually easier to present your idea to an existing company and just hope your attorney sets everything up right so that you are seeing a profit on every unit sold.

Unfortunately, most companies don't want a joint venture with an individual entrepreneur with ideas because they don't like splitting profits. Mostly greed fuels this inspiration of not sharing profits by companies unwilling to work with sole adventurers, and a lot of great ideas never make it to market because of this reason. It is a shame; but that is the way it works now!

It is the way our cruel system works when you have an idea and mention it without a patent. You will have others claiming royalties to your intellectual property before you know it and even have a chance to get it on the market. It is a Dog Eat Dog business in patents these days versus the 1970's when all you needed was a sheet of paper with your idea and you were in the money.

I would highly suggest to Matty1313 to make sure all your ideas are patented first, or there are going to be people coming out of the wood work claiming your ideas are theirs and will try at every chance they can to claim infringement upon their existing ideas.

Happens all the time! That is why it cost more to patent an idea these days because all you're really paying for is an attorney to stop other people from claiming rights to your work, ideas and intellectual property.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 04-16-2020 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Fixed
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Good idea grizzly; but he can't post pictures of something he hasn't patented yet or mass produced. I mean he could; but it would be highly risky for self preservation of his work alone. If his RC is advanced as he is saying it is, I would be scared to death to even mention it without a patent.

It takes years of intricate digging to find out how to patent something and make money from it without having your attorney costs actually exceed your profits. It is actually easier to present your idea to an existing company and just hope your attorney sets everything up right so that you are seeing a profit on every unit sold.

Unfortunately, most companies don't want a joint venture with an individual entrepreneur with ideas because they don't like splitting profits. Mostly greed fuels this inspiration of not sharing profits by companies unwilling to work with sole adventurers, and a lot of great ideas never make it to market because of this reason. It is a shame; but that is the way it works now!

It is the way our cruel system works when you have an idea and mention it without a patent. You will have others claiming royalties to your intellectual property before you know it and even have a chance to get it on the market. It is a Dog Eat Dog business in patents these days versus the 1970's when all you needed was a sheet of paper with your idea and you were in the money.

I would highly suggest to Matty1313 to make sure all your ideas are patented first, or there are going to be people coming out of the wood work claiming your ideas are theirs and will try at every chance they can to claim infringement upon their existing ideas.

Happens all the time! That is why it cost more to patent an idea these days because all you're really paying for is an attorney to stop other people from claiming rights to your work, ideas and intellectual property.
    Very good advice you say, Matty1313 will patent his ideas first.

Enough is enough.
    The Super Derecho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12