RC poster

Lightbulb RUSTLER 4X4 Upgrades recommendations.

Good day folks! I owned a Rustler 4x4 VXL and I was wondering what further upgrades can be done to the truck. Gonna use it for dirt track use.

Below are the upgrades I have done on the truck so far:
    Hobbywing Max 10 SCT
    Hobbywing Ezrun 3200KV on 14T
    Proline Trenchers 2.8
    Traxxas 3 cell

Temp are fine with the current gearing. Wondering whether torque or speed are more important for track use though..

Next up I was thinking of changing the servo to PowerHD 20kg
    And maybe Traxxas GTR shocks. Are those Traxxas upgraded steel CV needed? Personally I think the stock shaft are fine as I'm not bashing the truck.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

RC Competitor
    Judging by the tires you are using, you are not racing? If you are not, my suggestion is see what breaks under your normal use and replace or upgrade when necessary.

If you are racing, depending on the track, you can try some SC tires, and see what the others are using (tread pattern, etc..).
    after that, look in to upgrading your suspension.

RC poster
    Plan to race it eventually. As it's my first RC into this hobby so I jus follow the proline guide and they recommend Trenchers for it... If I were to race..what tyres do u guys recommend then?

RC Competitor
    The easiest is to get are Short course race tires. Get either Slash 2wd fronts or Slash 4x4 offset wheels. For the tires, look at what the racers are using on the track you plan on racing on. For outdoor a good tire would be the proline blockades, or the aka enduro.

You can also use the alias tires from traxxas, just don't think they would last.

Upgrade your shocks as well. I bought gtr shocks for my Rustler 4x4, but its not easy getting the right springs for the front. You can also use non-traxxas shocks, just read the threads for slash 4x4 set-ups, the upgrades are 100% compatible with the Rustler.

RC poster
    thanks a bunch...cheers