RC Racer

Bashings sport build

Hey, guys so I have only owned bashers up until now (except for an scx24). So last night due to coronatine I ordered the Trx-4 sport kit and a truckload of accessories. Below is my parts list.

Kit: Trx-4 sport kit
    ESC: Hobbywing 1080 (on backorder)
    Motor: Holmes Hobby 21t trailmaster
    Servo: I would like to know what ones you guys run.
    Transmitter: I also do not have one not sure what to get.
    Body: obviously the included one and a bronco body with all the chrome goodies
    Servo horn: the Traxxas metal one
    Some stuff from Jennys RC.
    I know I need weighted portal covers and other crawling stuff but I will be adding those things in time.

What do you all think?
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Qualifier
    For the servo, I think it is good to go with a Savox servo (a Savox .15/277.7 Aluminum Case Waterproof Coreless Digital Servo is a good choice). If you want to go for something cheaper, a 20 kg servo would be fine (you can find those on amazon or ebay). For the transmitter, the Fly Sky GT-5 is an excellent choice. It's as good (maybe even better) as a Futaba radio, but you can get it for half the price. For the weights that you are going to add on the axles, don't add too much, adding too much weight at the bottom makes the car too heavy, and also does not give the truck its best performance (there's some videos on Youtube that explains it better than me). I think just brass portal covers are enough (any more makes the car heavy, which also puts more strain on the ESC, motor, and servo). Overall, I think your ESC and motor is a good choice, however, if you want to go brushless, the Hobbywing Axe is also a good choice (but its extremely expensive). Anyways, I hope this helps! Have fun with your TRX-4!

RC Racer
    Thanks, Willy I knew the flysky GT5 was good but I don't know where to get it from I tried banggood but they're a little shady and wouldn't take my credit card. I also thought savox servos aren't that good I was thinking maybe a reefs 422 but not sure if that is enough power. On the portal covers once I add them I will probs do the SSD ones they seem to be pretty good. I was planning on the AXE at a later time.

RC Qualifier
    I have gotten my flysky GT5 on Amazon for around $70, and it came pretty fast (before coronavirus). I think it is also available on eBay for around 90 (if you want it shipped from the US) or 70 (if you are ok with it being shipped from China). For the servos, there's some great videos from RC Review about servos for crawlers, he also has videos about TRX-4 upgrades. Here's his YouTube channel link (check it out!):https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCim...Q74_Gra8xa-C7A
    Some other videos by him that are pretty helpful:
    Flysky GT5 review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUW8VyooaI
    Best servos review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKStVYbFKo&t=215s

RC Racer
    Thank you Willy I will check that out. Now Im just waiting for everything to come in I'm pretty excited.

RC Qualifier
    ******* makes a version of the GT5. I bought mine from ********* and extra receivers are 15$

Edit -Ahh I will IM you lol. Being on Tapatalk I forgot what site I was on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I run a Savox 1210 SG, which performs very well, however, nobody seems to mention the noise it makes. It is quite a loud servo, but it functions extremely well. Iīm currently using it in my TRX6 build, I also have an Hobbywing AXE brushless system, itś excellent, but it's pretty expensive.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    So I have decided on the Flysky GT5 from amazon and the reefs 422 from amain. I have heard that the savox's are loud as titanium mentioned and the reefs servos seem to be of high koalaty . Thanks for all ur help now all I can do is wait.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    So I have decided on the Flysky GT5 from amazon and the reefs 422 from amain. I have heard that the savox's are loud as titanium mentioned and the reefs servos seem to be of high koalaty . Thanks for all ur help now all I can do is wait.
    Cool! I have the Savox 1210sg, I don't mind its noise. But it is chatty lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Hey, guys, I guess I can do other things besides wait like overthink haha. I have a question should I solder the ESC directly to the motor or should I add connectors. If I add connectors what gauge of wire should I use and what connectors should I use for the motor? For the battery connection, I'm using Traxxas ones. Will those work? Sorry this is my first kit and I have never soldered before so I'm new to this.

RC Racer
    Well got the fist wave of parts more to come from AMain amazon and traxxas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Got the chassis built and the bronco body taped. Iíll probably have the whole build finished next Monday

RC Racer
    Pics

RC Racer
    So I finished it a while ago but I didnít get to posting it so here it is the finished Bronco/sport. This is one body that will literally never see a battery

Outside shots