RC Competitor

Question Ofna Hyper 7 Shock Upgrade Assembly

Hello, I just received my Ofna Hyper 7 front shocks to upgrade my E-Maxx from the stock ultras. HOwever, when assembling them I am curious if there is supposed to be a way to keep the O-Ring seal inside the shock body. When looking at this diagram I cannot figure out where the M-Clip is supposed to go, but I assume that it is to hold on the rubber boot and has nothing to do with the O-Ring seals and spacers. When I extend and retract the shock shaft, the outer O-ring and spacer sometimes come out of the shock body. Is this really normal operation or is there supposed to be something holding the seals in that I am missing?

Any input would be appreciated, I know it is not a directly E-Maxx related question but I figured since it's a pretty common upgrade some of you might have experience putting together these shocks. Thanks.

EDIT: It's not letting me post the diagram for some reason so see link for the diagram please.

https://imgur.com/a/Xz6kHa2
    Last edited by epeder1102; 03-25-2020 at 03:22 PM.

RC Champion
    The M clip holds the seals and o-ring inside the shock body.There should be a little groove for it to slide into.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    The M clip holds the seals and o-ring inside the shock body.There should be a little groove for it to slide into.
    So the clip goes on the shock body? So it should squeeze the shock body to keep the seals inside? Because the M-clips are not very strong at all. However they are much to big to fit nicely around the shaft...

RC Champion
    The clip goes inside the shock body, look inside where the seals go and you will see a groove that it goes into to hold everything in place.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    The clip goes inside the shock body, look inside where the seals go and you will see a groove that it goes into to hold everything in place.
    Ah that makes so much more sense, I'll try that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by epeder1102 View Post
    Ah that makes so much more sense, I'll try that. Thanks!
    If you look carefully, you can see a little ring/recess in the tip of the shock, that's where the clip goes:
    Expert rigging at it's best!