RC poster

VXL Car needs push start and TSM is overreacting

Short story first then long explanation.
    All original electronics. 3 months old
    Replaced Receiver due to a solid red light and possible water damage, and car was acting funny before replacing.

When it decides to be moody any time you stop (coasting to a stop or breaking) it needs a little push and it will take off.
    ESC light turns on and of like it sees signal but no movement till it gets a bump.

help

Originally car was not responding properly to throttle inputs and was just random acting up. But every time I rolled over it would need to be reset to take off. new transmitter batteries and new 3s lipo, no change.

Parked for a couple days, same problem. reset radio and esc, only getting worse. went to rebind remote and got a solid red light on the receiver. found a little condensation in the box, removed and dried for several days. only a solid red and no response to anything.

Tried extra receiver and was responsive,

Installed new Receiver and now my TSM is over correcting. used to turn to 100% for gravel speed runs with no worries now it swerves till it will spin out unless I turn it down.

and still having problems with the car not responding to throttle inputs. learned if I gave it a bump it will take off. esc light changes with throttle input but no noise or anything hold light throttle and bump it and off it goes....

Bad ESC? Bad motor? I'm outside warranty. I cant afford to buy parts hoping to fix it I already did that with the receiver.

thanx....

RC Enthusiast
    I am thinking a bad ESC, but I can't be sure... However, I definitely do not think it is a motor problem, because the ESC is responsible for the throttle input. It's either the transmitter, receiver, or ESC.

RC Enthusiast
    I would check and make sure esc is in lipo mode.then I would look in manual under calibrating speed control to see if it needs done. i would turn off tsm just to see if that makes a difference,it may not,make sure everything is plugged in right and no pinched wires.if still persists call traxxas support and see if they can help you get going.

RC Qualifier
    Shut your tsm off completely (I never run mine over 25) and if your using the app make sure you put it to 0 and save. Then check that your antenna wire isn't pinched and is at the correct height.

RC Enthusiast
    you can also look at full manual on traxxas website.go to model showroom,find your model,click on support,then click on manual.it has a info about esc in it.

RC poster
    Tried all of that and did all the resets and calibrations. called traxxas they said its out of warranty and they can look at it and if its a bad esc its $55

The tsm is just weird I guess the new receiver is just more sensitive?

RC Enthusiast
    Glad you were able to get help you needed.

RC poster
    I’ve been out of the Rc loop for over 30 years . I recently just bought my 3 sons stampedes cause I wanted them to have a new hobby . Unfortunately I got bored of watching them have all the fun so I bought a rustler vxl used . Sounds like I’m having a similar issue . Car starts off nice but after a couple minutes when I come to a stop it won’t take off again unless I give it a little push or squeeze the trigger a couple times . Any advice would be appreciated

Sounds like a bad esc. If can, try a different esc if you have one and see if it runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Sounds like a bad esc. If can, try a different esc if you have one and see if it runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks bud