RC poster

Thinking about a Castle 2650

Slash Ultimate currently running a Sidewinder 3 3800 with 13/54 gearing on 3S. This truck is plenty fast, weve gotten 58 mph. However ripping this thing around hardcore my son has gotten the motor up to 168 degrees and ultimately it shut down. He is very good at driving so Im thinking of stepping up to 1/8th system Castle 2650 and MMX on just 3s and Ill let him slowly warm up to 4s, driveline is already beefed up with MIP XDuty shafts, RR 54tooth spur, and Rustler VXL 4X4 slipper.

Let me know what you guys think he wants to be able to rip it without temps getting too high.

I use that setup in my Monster Slash 4x4 and it works great with no temp problems yet. And you can gear it to the moon without needing much more than fans to keep stuff cool on the hot days.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dave0176 View Post
    Slash Ultimate currently running a Sidewinder 3 3800 with 13/54 gearing on 3S. This truck is plenty fast, weve gotten 58 mph. However ripping this thing around hardcore my son has gotten the motor up to 168 degrees and ultimately it shut down. He is very good at driving so Im thinking of stepping up to 1/8th system Castle 2650 and MMX on just 3s and Ill let him slowly warm up to 4s, driveline is already beefed up with MIP XDuty shafts, RR 54tooth spur, and Rustler VXL 4X4 slipper.

Let me know what you guys think he wants to be able to rip it without temps getting too high.
    I just put the 2650 and MMX in my slash and its a sure fire winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash Ultimate 4x4, MMX-2200kv/Slash 4x4, MMX-2650

RC Racer

3S is what I currently run and with the speed and torque this truck has I have zero need for more of either. Its impressive the performance. 20t pinion, 54t RR Slipper, MIP our dives and XO-1 diff kits.

RC Qualifier
    I bought the Monster X and 2650 back in October and have only run it a few times but it is a beast. I'm only running 2s but 19/54 and the temps are not much more than ambient without a fan on the motor.

I do plan on going 3s just for fun once, but since my driving skills are less than stellar I don't plan on leaving it that way - I just want to get a high speed run in once or twice (on a borrowed 3s).

You'll be happy!!
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

Fits like a glove in the LCG chassis.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Fits like a glove in the LCG chassis.

Looks almost like my sons 2200kv 1515.

RC Racer
    With the RPM ESC mount it really drops in. Trimmed off the switch mount on one side for the drive line, boom done.