RC Enthusiast

What is the model number of the TRX4 receiver?

Hi,

I bought a Camel color TRX4, and I cannot get cruise control to work, tried all sort of methods to reset the electronics using
    the buttons and the app using the bluetooth connection.
    I noticed something weird in the app I saw there is TSM which is not available and I started to research.

I checked my receiver and model and mine is 6518 wasn't it suppose to be 6533?

what is the default receiver model on TRX 4?
    Thanks.
    - X-MAXX 8S
    - TRX 4 Camel
    - T-Maxx 2.5 Brushless

Camel color? I assume you meant Tan color. And no, if it’s a TRX4 Sport it comes with the standard 2ch radio system. Not sure why you’d need TSM on a crawler, tbh.

Here’s a pic straight from the product page, says 6519 for receiver. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,

It's the tan/camel trophy edition it is 5 channels, and the manual shows there is TSM.
    - X-MAXX 8S
    - TRX 4 Camel
    - T-Maxx 2.5 Brushless

The default receiver on my TRX4 and TRX6 is the 4 channel TRA6533 receiver with TSM, they are both pretty similar, but the 4 channel one is the default one.
    Yes, the TRX4 defender is technically a 5 channel car, due to the differential lockers in the front and back, but the silver 3-way lever switch on the top for the diff lockers act as 2 channels or switches in one single switch. That silver switch accounts for the front and rear differential locks, the first being all unlocked, second being front locked only, and third being fully locked differentials.

Heres a link for it:https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra6533/p444621

TSM, Traxxas Stability Management, is Traxxas's RC equivalent of Traction Control on a real car when it's turned all the way up, power will slightly cut when you perform sharp turns. TSM is used for the faster Traxxas models, like the Slash, E-Revo, and stuff like that, the TRX4s don't use it. The reason why there's a receiver slot for it because the same Traxxas receiver is used in a lot of different Traxxas cars. The Traxxas app allows you to adjust different settings for your RC, and the reason why the TSM is not available on the TRX4, is because the stock XL-5 ESC does not support it (I don't think it does). The TSM knob is used for adjusting the cruise control speed when cruise control is enabled, and it is enabled by pressing the small red Set button on the top.

As long as you have the stock ESC, the cruise control should work, if it's broken, try contacting Traxxas and they will probably offer a replacement part for free.

Hope this helps!

(and sorry for the long paragraphs if they're hard to read)
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.