RC Racer

Random loss of signal?

Hey guys, I'm running an '06 bandit xl-5 (converted from xl-1). I have the newer tq #6519 receiver and whatever the new remote is. However, it seemed every time I hit a bump, I lost radio signal. I figured the receiver went out after 5 years of bashing, so once the virus calms down I'll send it in to be replaced via the lifetime electric part warranty. In the meantime, I got out the old crystal radio system, and during random moments I would once again totally loose radio reception, and the only way to get it back was to place the radio within 3 feet if the model. Not sure what to do... Any tips/advice?
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a short in maybe your esc plug? Open receiver box and while powered on smack the bottom of your car see if receiver loses power?
    Xmaxx, kraton 6s, losi 8ighte

RC Racer
    Well, I seem to have fixed the problem... The crystal radio receiver managed to somehow get water in it the last time I used it. As for the 2.4 GHz, I took the receiver and cleaned it all up, cotton swab and soapy wooder on the terminals. I also blew out the connections with compressed air, and that has appeared to fix the problem.
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.