RC poster

LEDs to light Rustler

Hello all. I知 new on here. Wanting to add some leds to my truck. I do a little track and road driving. Would like to play at night with it. How can I power the lights? Any photos if you have done this, would be nice to see.

There is a guy on eBay that makes led kits specifically for different models. Let me grab you a link for their ebay page

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F324069329578

There痴 a link to a kit they make! I have a few of their led kits and they are awesome. I値l upload some pics of their led light kit on my rustler 4x4.

*this very last pic is the front leds from the kit I bought from them. They are pretty bright. I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Hey Rocketzx1, can you post a pic of what they plug into? I watched the vid but he never showed what they plug into. Mounting looked super easy. I went to buy the kit and the one with the light bar on the top of the truck was sold out. I was thinking about getting that one but then I wondered how\what they plug into inside and will I have to unplug that every time I want to take the body off.

RC poster
    I ordered a set from him ( I’m in the uk) and they never turned up? I ended up getting a refund from eBay.
    Really annoying as I really liked the look of the kits.

RC poster
    I ordered a set from him ( I知 in the uk) and they never turned up? I ended up getting a refund from eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SweetV6 View Post
    Hey Rocketzx1, can you post a pic of what they plug into? I watched the vid but he never showed what they plug into. Mounting looked super easy. I went to buy the kit and the one with the light bar on the top of the truck was sold out. I was thinking about getting that one but then I wondered how\what they plug into inside and will I have to unplug that every time I want to take the body off.
    They plug into the receiver in one of the unused channels. My light kit came with a multi plug on one end with a switch to turn the lights on/off and a single plug for the receiver on the other. I値l try to post a pic for you in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocks172 View Post
    I ordered a set from him ( I知 in the uk) and they never turned up? I ended up getting a refund from eBay.
    That sucks you never got them, at least eBay took care of you. It took a bit for myself to receive my light kit, almost 11 days. I think they are made to order tbh, the guy 3D prints them and then ships them out. But mine have been really good so far. I知 going to grab some kits for my 2wd rustlers and stampede!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    That sucks you never got them, at least eBay took care of you. It took a bit for myself to receive my light kit, almost 11 days. I think they are made to order tbh, the guy 3D prints them and then ships them out. But mine have been really good so far. I知 going to grab some kits for my 2wd rustlers and stampede!

Yeah I waited 2 months and sent a few messages but I heard nothing? It痴 a shame because they look great!

RC Competitor
    So I ordered the "ultimate" kit (to get everything) and all I got was the front & rear lights We emailed them and I'm still waiting for the rest of it.
    My biggest issue is Traxxas must of updated the front bumper support. It's no longer just an oval like the rear is. It has 2 indents behind the screws so the bar they supply you with doesn't just pop on. I tried ordering a new bumper to see if I could still get the old piece. I already tried Traxxas & they weren't any help. Even though the picture they still have up for the part is of the old part.

RC Qualifier
    The guy on ebay has a lousy feedback ratio, with 74 negatives in the past 12 months. I'd never buy anything from a seller like that.