RC Racer

Question about battery in the truck...

Well, after storing my Revo fo the last several years, like an idiot, I never did take the 6v battery out of the truck and I think it mighta ruined it so, Iím in search of a new battery or two but I canít seem to find one on Traxxasís site... I tried googling all the numbers on the battery pack it self but came up nothing. But after googling Revo 3.3 battery, I did find various sources for batteries that was calling the battery that looks like the one that cane with my truck, a part number 3036. Well, on Traxxasís site that battery pops up but it says itís for the Jato and Slayer Pro 4x4. Says itís a 5-cell, NiMH 1200mah battery. Doesnít say what voltage.

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts...at-23A-1200mAh

Will this work? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Get a LiFe receiver pack. Wait for stock servos to die and replace them with HV servos. You will get much better run times with a LiFe or LiPo

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Well, after storing my Revo fo the last several years, like an idiot, I never did take the 6v battery out of the truck and I think it mighta ruined it so, I’m in search of a new battery or two but I can’t seem to find one on Traxxas’s site... I tried googling all the numbers on the battery pack it self but came up nothing. But after googling Revo 3.3 battery, I did find various sources for batteries that was calling the battery that looks like the one that cane with my truck, a part number 3036. Well, on Traxxas’s site that battery pops up but it says it’s for the Jato and Slayer Pro 4x4. Says it’s a 5-cell, NiMH 1200mah battery. Doesn’t say what voltage.

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts...at-23A-1200mAh

Will this work? Thanks.

Nimh batteries have nominal voltage of 1.2v/cell. So a 5-cell pack will be 6.0v. If you have - what is now known as - the Slayer-style receiver box (which originated in the 5308 Revo) the 3036 and 3037 battery pack will work. I don't have the current (IMHO ugly) Revo boxes so I cannot remember 100% if the hump pack will fit. There are certainly other brand batteries that are the same size but have more mah for longer run times.

Quote Originally Posted by lexuabest View Post
    Get a LiFe receiver pack. Wait for stock servos to die and replace them with HV servos. You will get much better run times with a LiFe or LiPo
    This is certainly an option but keep in mind that they need special chargers as well as different care. My nimh batteries last a while and I can keep charged at 100% for weeks, whereas, the lithiums mentioned should be stored at 50% and then charged prior to running.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    This is what I did to my receiver box:
    https://gyazo.com/856e30c8fef5658a0d36baeec2a6fc5c
    Waiting for my Intellect IP RX lipo to arrive

RC Racer
    Well I just went ahead and ordered me two of those 3036 batteries from Traxxas. I was able to charge the one I have, and it charges it up to almost 7 volts, but Iím not sure how long the battery will hold a charge since I never did take it out of the truck when I was storing it so at least when once my new parts come in and I fire the truck up, Iíll try that old battery. Iíll probably just end up throwing it away since Iím assuming itís probably ruined. Thanks everybody for your help.