RC poster

Esc shutdown when i trigger throttle

Hello everyone,
    Need some help please, after 1 year standing i got my stamp back out, cleaned and charged up and she went fine for a couple of minutes until hit a small bump and stopped dead…

Took a look at what happens, esc turns on ok, no red light, wheels turn, but when i press the throttle trigger esc turns off,
    and have had some difficulties when pressing the esc button for switching on, if that means anything for you guys ?

I’m thinking of bad connection somewhere but checked outside and nothing seems wrong, maybe inside the esc ? Before doing anything i’d need to know what and how to check for a good diagnostic…

Thanks for any help👍

RC Champion
    Sounds like maybe you have some debris in or around or maybe under your esc button. You could try and remove the cover and or maybe use a compressor to blow it off and see if that helps.

RC poster
    Maybe it's the fault of the battery? If it wasn't taken care of in over a year, it may be broken. So it has enough power to work in "standby", but the electric motor needs high currents - and if the battery is broken, it may collapse once you press the throttle trigger.
    What kind of battery do you use (Lipo, Nimh)? Do you have a new/different one to test?
    Best regards, Niki

RC poster
    Hi, thanks for your help,

Rain dog, i tried to blow the switch no result, tried to open it but it’s all siliconed inside so not at lot to do…

Modderfreak, i did think of a battery problem to so tested another one and same trouble… would be bad luck if i had two batterys that didn’t work

Other symptoms that i discovered if i trigger slowly it goes ok to full throttle so does probably have some kind of relation with Max current call cause again when i quickly trigger throttle it shut’s down…

Other effect once when switching on i had the green light flashing fast, turned it off and on again and it was back full green
    Another time when switching on i had red light flashing slow like when no battery left

The more i go and the more i think i’ve got to order a new esc…

RC poster
    Forgot booth batterys are lipos…

RC Champion
    You should try and recalibrate the esc and reset the tx, not sure if this will help but worth a try.

https://traxxas.com/support/video#/?...Id=0&videoId=2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qcJUVCc5o&t=4s

RC poster
    Just restored default factory settings but no luck same thing ��

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigboob View Post
    Other symptoms that i discovered if i trigger slowly it goes ok to full throttle so does probably have some kind of relation with Max current call cause again when i quickly trigger throttle it shut’s down…
    Still sounds like a battery problem to me. Lipos are losing their charge less quick than Nimh batteries, but you need to store them at a specific voltage. If you stored them full or even empty for over a year, they're probably dead.
    Best regards, Niki

RC poster
    Wel suppose it could be battery but doesn’t match this, after reseting the tx tried to recalibrate esc but after pressing holding ez button, red light flashing once, then press trigger to accelerate it does nothing…but if i press to go backwards it’s ok and red light flashes twice like it should but still nothing when i press the accelerater… so can’t calibrate esc correctly…
    Also now only got like 50% foward and 100% backwards, i’ve set the mode severall times but nothing gives me 100% acceleration, left it in sport mode…
    Tried to set the end points manually, and reset to max throw
    Getting esc green light flashing fast when i switch it on…

It’s a real mess up now…

RC Champion
    Did you accidently move the 70/30 switch, I would try a new battery as suggested and then I would try and factory reset the tx and then the esc and if that doesn't work take the esc into your lhs and see if that's your problem.

RC poster
    Ok thanks for your help, I didn’t move the 70/30 position but I will get a new battery
    How do you factory reset the esc ?

RC Champion
    It's in post #6 and then do the esc and see if that helps.