RC Racer

Questions on carb tuning for 1000 foot elevation on 20% Traxxas fuel

Hey guys, I’m finally doing something that I think I probably should’ve done a long time ago, which is getting one of those shiny polished tuned pipes to go on my Revo 3.3. I wasn’t really sure which one to go with but I decided to go with the tuned pipe that gives like 20% more power on the low and the mid range RPM or whatever it is… anywhoo, what would be a good baseline for carburetor tuning with this pipe with 20% Traxxas’s fuel and being down around 1000 to 1500‘ elevation?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory settings and tune from there. Two similar set-up engines could be side-by-side and run at different tunes.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Factory settings and tune from there. Two similar set-up engines could be side-by-side and run at different tunes.
    Ok thanks. What is factory tune, like 4 turns on the high needle and 3 on the other one?

But as long as there’s a light smoky trail coming out the exhaust and no oil dripping from the pipe is what I’m shooting for, correct?

RC Competitor
    Is there a big difference between stock blue pipe and resonator?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lexuabest View Post
    Is there a big difference between stock blue pipe and resonator?
    I’m not sure if you’re asking me but I’m sure gonna find out. Lol. I ordered the single-chamber resonator for the 20% increase for the lower to mid RPM but the other tuned pipe is dual-chamber like my stock blue one but it enhances the mid to high rpm power.

RC Competitor
    Let me know how it works!