RC Racer

Question about running Revo 3.3 in 2WD with street tires?

Found a place online that sells the street tires to go on these Revoís; Not saying Iíll actually do it, but I was just curious about pulling the front driveline out and just running my Revo in 2WD mode on a set a street tires for pavement since I donít really have a whole lotta dirt to run on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to go ahead. You can pull most of the front center axle but make sure you keep the yoke and pins installed so that you have rear brakes.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If you want to go ahead. You can pull most of the front center axle but make sure you keep the yoke and pins installed so that you have rear brakes.
    Hmm, I didnít realize due to that kind of braking system that Iíd lose my front brakes.

I ran a t-maxx in RWD only for quite a while. It was pretty fun. But you really do have to remove the driveline, not just the front center, or it creates a lot of drag. If you want to keep the weight, you can leave the front diff, but you will need to get new stubs (or pull apart yours) so you don't have the front axles connected to the diff. I removed everything because I wanted the front end a bit lighter for wheelies.

Also, you have to plan ahead when stopping as 2wd with rear diff tends to end up with a truck flying straight at you and not stopping until it hits something.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer

Question about running Revo 3.3 in 2WD with street tires?

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I ran a t-maxx in RWD only for quite a while. It was pretty fun. But you really do have to remove the driveline, not just the front center, or it creates a lot of drag. If you want to keep the weight, you can leave the front diff, but you will need to get new stubs (or pull apart yours) so you don't have the front axles connected to the diff. I removed everything because I wanted the front end a bit lighter for wheelies.
    If I did, I’d pull the front driveline but I never thought about needing to pull the front halfshafts as well.

Also, you have to plan ahead when stopping as 2wd with rear diff tends to end up with a truck flying straight at you and not stopping until it hits something.
    Lol, yeah I dunno if I’ll do this or not...lol. Believe it or not, I’m may have had this truck for 12 years but, it’s only had less than two gallons of fuel ran through it so, I’m still pretty much a newbie to this stuff. Lol.

I drove the thing up under a parked Lincoln when I was breaking it in....ha ha.

Last edited by Double G; 03-31-2020 at 08:06 AM. Reason: language

When I did it, I had a big block t-maxx and a sb t-maxx. I got used to the power of the BB and the SB felt very "meh". After removing the front drive, it felt a lot quicker/more responsive, just not as capable, but it worked better for what I did.

Now I have a BB revo and SB revo... maybe I should ditch front wheel drive in my sb revo...

I drive nitro so little these days, as long as they run without much fiddling, I'm fine with them.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Hmm, I didn’t realize due to that kind of braking system that I’d lose my front brakes.

Yep. The brake it attached to the center shaft(s) and stops all four tires. You remove the front center shaft and now it brakes the rear tires only. Changes the way you drive. I have 4wd and 2wd vehicles and drive them differently partially because of how it stops.
    The Super Derecho