RC Competitor

Question What do you recommend for aftermarket casters?

So the maiden voyage of my Rustler 4x4 didn't go exactly as hoped & I bumped a car tire and broke a caster block (6832) I started looking around (on Amazon) and noticed a lot of aluminum parts out there but I never really used them before. On my 2x4 Rustler I have all RPM parts (LOVE THEM) but I didn't really see many RPM parts for the R 4x4. I saw some items where they sell you a whole set of parts (again Aluminum) but there reviews were so-so. I'll probably order the RPM ones but figured I would ask around.

So what do you guys\gals recommend?
    If you have any sites that you really like to get parts from please include the name or link.

Thanks for the reply's.

The exploded view shows the Traxxas part #s for the aluminum casters(basically add a letter after the 6832 A,G,R,or X for different colors) It's also the same # as the Slash 4x4. Should be able find them about anywhere

https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/Ru...Front-Assembly
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    So you recommend the Traxxas metal ones?
    Do all (or most) of the Slash 4x4 parts fit onto the Rustler 4x4?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SweetV6 View Post
    Do all (or most) of the Slash 4x4 parts fit onto the Rustler 4x4?
    Yes, most of the Slash 4x4 parts do fit the Rustler 4x4. The major differences are:
    1) the length of the chassis (and thus the center driveshaft, and body are different)
    2) the size of the wheels/tires
    3) the body mount system
    4) the front/rear bumpers. although the bumpers would bolt up, they won't be a great fit with the body-shell (that said, my Rustler 4x4 is running a RPM Slash front bumper).

There are likely other differences, also, but these are the ones that jump out a me off the top of my head. Also keep in mind that there are some parts that are 'upgraded' on the Rustler 4x4, but that the legacy Slash parts would also fit (the A-Arms fall into this bucket... the Rustler 4x4 ones are of a 'cold weather' plastic that is supposedly tougher, and I think that the drive-shafts might be up-rated, too, but I'm less confident on that)

Quote Originally Posted by 1SweetV6 View Post
    So you recommend the Traxxas metal ones?
    I use the metal Traxxas ones, myself, but have no experience with other suppliers of aluminum caster-blocks. There are others that have more experience, and they will hopefully will chime in with their thoughts.

Good Luck, and have fun (while keeping an appropriate 'Social Distance' of course)! --BillJ
    Last edited by Single_Trac; 04-02-2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: fixed a typo, and added a little more content

RC Competitor
    I used the hobby park set off of Amazon. Not necessarily the best quality, but so far the only issue I've had is the bolt holding the steering link to the wheel came loose. I tightened it back up and used some blue loctite and have had no more issues. They worked for my purposes. They are relatively low cost and I could get them quickly. I'm just a basher so I don't worry too much about a little play in the steering.
    Last edited by GTSDart340; 04-02-2020 at 02:38 PM.

RC Competitor
    Thanks a bunch Single_Trac. I ordered the front RPM bumper. I have one on my 2WD Rustler and it's saved me so many times. I wonder if I could run with both bumpers on if I put longer screws in it.......... I might have to look at it when it comes in the mail.