RC poster

Can I attach Bandit front and rear ends to Slash LCG chassis?

Hi everyone relatively new to this but looking to build a no prep eliminator drag car using a Bandit. My question is l will the front and rear ends of this buggy easily attach to a slash LCG chassis? Most of the videos I watched for building drag cars seem to use Bandit arms and suspension components but they start off with a traxxas slash. Any guidance you guys can provide on whether using a bandit as the donor for the new slash LCG chassis would be appreciated.

Thx

Frank

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftank2000 View Post
    Hi everyone relatively new to this but looking to build a no prep eliminator drag car using a Bandit. My question is l will the front and rear ends of this buggy easily attach to a slash LCG chassis? Most of the videos I watched for building drag cars seem to use Bandit arms and suspension components but they start off with a traxxas slash. Any guidance you guys can provide on whether using a bandit as the donor for the new slash LCG chassis would be appreciated.

Thx

Frank
    You can turn a Rustler into a Slash with little more than just the LCG kit.

The Bandit is a Rustler with shorter arms (or the Rustler is a Bandit with longer arms).

Therefore, you should be able to easily Slash a Bandit.

RC Racer

yes it bolts right up, exactly the same thing I did.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    you can turn a rustler into a slash with little more than just the lcg kit.

The bandit is a rustler with shorter arms (or the rustler is a bandit with longer arms).

Therefore, you should be able to easily slash a bandit.

awesome! Really appreciate the feedback and the pictures. Didn't realize all the models you listed were that closely related. Thanks again!

RC poster
    That what i needed to know. Much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to provide pictures!

RC poster
    I have a similar question, I was looking for a 2x4 Slash VXL to convert to a drag car and my local shop recommended the Bandit VXL instead. Is one better than the other for this? I know the front shock towers are not the same.
    Last edited by Black Lion; 04-09-2020 at 02:26 PM.

RC Racer
    @ Black Lion, I'm pretty sure they are about the same. I think it's just that the Bandit has a lower CG compared to the Slash.

RC Racer
    This reason he recommended the bandit vxl is because, itll cost less money to convert a bandit than a slash. Based on price of vehicle and parts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
    I have a similar question, I was looking for a 2x4 Slash VXL to convert to a drag car and my local shop recommended the Bandit VXL instead. Is one better than the other for this? I know the front shock towers are not the same.
    I'm 99% sure the front shock towers are the same.

The pictures I posted at the top of the post started off as a bandit. I just peiced together a slash lcg chassis kit.

Last edited by cooleocool; 04-14-2020 at 12:43 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Yeah I was wrong, I was thinking a 2x4 and 4x4 Slash were the same. I bought the Bandit VXL and the LCG chassis it all bolts up perfect except for two things. The two screws in the front are different and the Bandit radio box doesnt line up. I think I'll just take it out of the box and tape it down. I installed proline drag wheels and slicks on the Bandit prior to the chassis swap and it was almost undriveable. After the chassis swap it was launching straight as an arrow. I didn't realize the LCG is not only lower but also 1.75" longer. Well worth the money!