RC poster

Erevo 2.0 vs rusler 4x4

I am new to these forums. I presently have a slash 4x4 (68086-4). I have my own dirt track in my back yard. I love the slash on the track. However, I am looking for a rc that i can run off track. I would like something that handles the grass better than my slash. Speed is a plus. I have been looking into either the rustler 4x4 vxl or erevo 2.0. I realize there is a difference in price. I’m looking for pros and cons of each. I am confident in my ability to fix or “tinker” with them. I have a rather large yard (about 5 acres) 2 acres manicured lawn. The rest varies between 3-6” grass. I also have snow in the winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RC Enthusiast
    From the description of your home area and large grounds I'd say Revo 2.0 as it can go big air wise and go through basically any terrain where as the rustler 4x4 has issues in the grass its alot smaller. I own the rustler 4x4 and have every possible upgrade. It is a great truck dont get me wrong but I am looking at the E-Revo 2.0 for the stuff it cant quite hit without breaking something and I dont have anywhere near as much space to play as you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The main thing to keep in mind, IMO, is that the E-Revo is bigger, and more importantly, heavier. The E-Revo isn't just more expensive up-front, it's also more expensive to maintain, and in my experience, breaks a lot more easily (mostly due to being so much heavier).

Every time I take one of my 1/10th scale vehicles like my Stampede 4x4 or my Rustler out to bash with friends or family who own an E-Revo, it's never my truck that is the first to break. My trucks can do huge jumps, in addition to less desirable things like big cartwheels and hitting objects, without breaking. Worst case, something like a camber-link might pop off when I hit something. 30 second fix. Meanwhile my friends and family members who have made the jump to 1/8th scale are always the ones who end up with broken parts or grinding gears after a big jump.

I'm not trying to say that the E-Revo is a bad vehicle. It's a great vehicle, but you have to treat it differently because of all that weight. If you want to try and bullet-proof it with upgrades, it will also cost more to do those upgrades than it would with a 1/0th scale vehicle.

You said that you already have a Slash 4x4. Have you tried using Monster-Truck sized tires on it yet? Many do Slash 4x4 Monster Truck conversions as a nice compromise between 1/10th scale and 1/8th scale. That's what I did, so that I could have at least one vehicle that was closer to 1/8th scale while retaining the lower-cost, durability, simplicity, and ease of repair that comes with the Slash 4x4 / Stampede 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 platform.

If you want to buy a new vehicle, you might look into a Stampede 4x4 instead of a Rustler 4x4, as it generally does much better on tall grass. A Slash 4x4 MT conversion would give you the benefits of the Stampede 4x4 along with an overall larger vehicle. Really though, even a Rustler 4x4 does great on grass.

I'm on 10 acres right now, and none of my trucks have any problems with grass even when it's a foot tall. About the only thing that causes issues is Star Thistle, I hate that stuff...
    Last edited by GotNoRice; 03-22-2020 at 01:07 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykid158 View Post
    From the description of your home area and large grounds I'd say Revo 2.0 as it can go big air wise and go through basically any terrain where as the rustler 4x4 has issues in the grass its alot smaller. I own the rustler 4x4 and have every possible upgrade. It is a great truck dont get me wrong but I am looking at the E-Revo 2.0 for the stuff it cant quite hit without breaking something and I dont have anywhere near as much space to play as you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    What tirees do U have?

Wysłane z mojego EVR-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

RC poster
    My nephew has a stampede. I do agree that it is better in tall grass than a slash but I also find it tips easier. I put sway bars on my slash to help with the rolling over problem. I also put what I would think are bigger than stock tires. (Badlands). I have thought about doing a monster conversion. However, I like how it handles on the track. I don’t really want to change that. Would a rustler or erevo tip less at speed in the grass than a slash or stampede?

RC poster
    I have a few sets. I still use the stock on pavement. I use trenchers on the track when its mostly dry. Then I have some Badlands for when the track is wetter. (Puddles)

RC Competitor
    For your yard( I have 20 acres myself) I would go with the e revo 2.0. I have both cars and the e revo is a bigger heavier car but it will do 55 out of the box and will jump over anything. The rustler is awesome but you will be wanting the e revo after a while. The only thing with the e revo 2.0 is pushrods,servos,and tires. These are the only pets in my experience to go bad.

RC poster
    What would the difference in speeds be on 4s versus 6s? grass or pavement? “Both rc’s”
    Last edited by Winkstc; 04-04-2020 at 12:27 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian.szkutnik View Post
    What tirees do U have?

Wysłane z mojego EVR-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    they look like proline trenchers