RC Enthusiast

Slayer Pro Servo Issues

Hey whats up fellas, I just recently upgraded my Slayer Pro steering servo with a Savox SW-1211SG. It works great however when the wheels are fully turned either right or left the acceleration/braking servo doesn't work. It only does this when the wheels are fully turned, turned partially or less and everything works fine. Is this servo causing a brown out when fully engaged? Is there any options to be able to put 7.4v to the servo? I know its only a 6v 1200 mAh reciever battery pack powering everything so maybe I can install a 7.4v battery and upgrade the other servo to hv.......idk? I don't like putting 7.4v throught the RX so maybe an adjustable BEC to the RX in that case? If anyone has any ideas or advice I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks a lot guys.

Savox are power hungry so you may be able to put in a glitch buster to help. Or get a servo that puts out good power without the battery drain (I currently use a Promodeler).

A fully charged 5 cell nimh pack may be around 7v but will stay a constant 1.2v/cell (6v) until dead. Long ago I've heard that Traxxas receivers don't like high voltages but I haven't tried pushing anything more than a receiver pack at full capacity.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Is the servo binding at full turn? Sounds like the servo is trying to push the steering linkage farther then what it can do, causing the servo to stop before it reaches its signaled stop, cuasing a high amp draw. With the front off the ground, turn full left/right, and watch the servo horn and listen to it. It should sound the same full turn as it does half turn. Try turning down the steering dual rate, or if you can, set the endpoints.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    idk if anyone is left on these forums but I have an issue with my slayer. I put in a new steering servo after the 2075 just ripped itself apart. so I put in the new servo a 2075x with tsm on it slowly moves to the left while I accelerate and when tsm is off it does not. the thing is idk why this is happening I have other servos also a savox one and it does the same thing. I would like to have tsm on 30% cause I use it in loose dirt and some jumps. if anyone knows a fix would love to hear one.
    Last edited by tykun; 06-24-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Reset the radio system, zero the servos and try again. TSM is built into the receiver and not the servo; it has reportedly caused issues with other members.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I did the factory reset on the radio system I don't know how to zero out the servo though.

Remove the horn. Center the tires. Turn the radio on. Put the steering trim to zero (0). Reinstall the horn.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    ok thank you hopefully this works.

RC poster
    Still doing the same thing. Reset the receiver zero out the servo and the trim. Still with the tsm on it still moves a little when I accelerate. And of course with tsm completely off it does not move at all. What I don’t understand is why it didn’t do that with the original 2075 in there but all of a sudden when you put in another one it does.

RC Qualifier
    Analog radio equipment + digital servo =Your next Hop-up is a radio.

Seriously though, I just got schooled on the subject @ my LSH. I have a similar Savox Digital High torque servo in my Slayer and Summit, and I was going to pull the Slayers and double up on the Summit. Told me not to bother, you're lucky enough to get away with analog+digital, you can never y-harness it correctly. All that being said, the one in the summit doesn't glitch, and the one in the Slayer does. Its not quite the same glitch as either one in this thread, but its obvious its specific to the slayer.