RC poster

Stampede chassis?

OK, I converted a brushed stampede to a brushless.i ran it everything is great other than the thing constantly really doing wheelies and flipping over. I went and bought a wheelie bar forest stampede and apparently mine is different than every other video Iíve seen. Can someone just confirm for me that the brushed model is a different chassis? Iím trying toRig the one I bought up and now Iím just curious thanks

RC Qualifier
    Same chassis, both brushed and brushless

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Did you get one for the 2wd pede? That's definitely different.

RC poster
    Possibly I guess, is the motor mounted behind the back axle on the 2 wd?.. mine looked nothing like the YouTube videos I found.. I kind of rigged it up to for but it’s definitely different.. I should of bought the vxl 4x4 instead of converting the brushed 4x4?.. hindsight it’s a ***** lol

RC poster
    2 to 4wd is different?

Yes, the 2wd pede has the motor hanging out back. There are very little parts shared between the older 2wd and newer 4x4 platforms.

The brushed 4x4 and brushless 4x4 have the same chassis.
    Differences are:
    diff ring/pinion
    motor/esc
    center shaft
    wheels/tires

May be other odds and ends, but there isn't much different between them.

If you didn't switch the diffs, your likely geared really low for brushless, so you would want to go up a couple teeth on the pinion vs stock vxl gearing.

When I started running 3S in mine, I got a center diff. That really helped calm it down and make it easier to drive. Still wheelies, but not as bad. I'm using a fast lane machine diff cup on the center diff and 250k oil in it. The plastic cup diff allowed too much flex and died after about 1 pack, caused the spur to warp. The alloy cup has lasted a full season on 3S.
    Expert rigging at it's best!