RC poster

E-revo 3.3 conversion

So, I have an old revo 2.5R and the motor died. And rather than spending more and more money to replace it (Although nitro trucks are a blast) I decided to convert it to a E revo. I created my own motor mount, and it seems to working so far. I am using a Velineon 3500kv motor with vxl-3 esc with a 11/54 gearing combo. I have stacked the Esc on top of the motor mount (Which is a U-shaped piece of aluminum) for now. I turned it and it seemed to really struggle. So I Lock up 2nd and got rid of first and the bottom center differential gear. I tried it again and seemed to continue to struggle and after half throttle it just stopped and everything was overheated after a couple seconds. Any suggestions? Keeping in mind I am on a tight budget.

That vxl3s system isnít going to cut it for that revo. Youíre going to need a 1/8th scale motor/esc combo. Iíve seen others use the erevo motor/esc or a castle setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    What would you suggest?

https://www.amazon.com/38010401-Comb.../dp/B01I2CALYM would likely work well.

Bit cheaper to go with a 1/8th take off:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Krato...n/122316961690

The BLX185 is a dumbed down max8. Doesn't have quite as capable of a BEC (3A 6V vs 6A 6-7.4V), but is a 150A esc. On 4S, in a revo conversion, it should be plenty of power.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    How those look beautiful, don't know how I didn't see those before. For either of those do I need a certain receiver/transmitter or can I use something as simple as a traxxas 2.4 GHz system. Also can I just cut those battery plugs of and put on a traxxas connector? Or do they not have the same power.
    Last edited by WIREDCAR34; 04-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.

You can use whatever transmitter you want, you just need to calibrate the esc to the receiver. Both suggest you use 30C or better lipos. I run 50C HRB 5000mah 3S packs off the BLX185 and they come off it pretty warm. I ran 7400mah 2S packs off it when I used to run 4S in my outcast. They both did fine. The one time I tried running a set of 3S traxxas packs though, one puffed. I wanted to try out 6S in the outcast and I had 2 brand new 3S traxxas lipo packs I had got when I first got my ERBEv1 before I found that 6S wasn't a good idea in it. So, I never ran them. They were 25C packs I believe. I literally used them once.

You can run whatever connectors you want. I ran TRX connectors on mine until I switched over to XT90's on everything.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    That sounds like a blast! Ok thanks a lot.