RC poster

Help w/ pinion gears and suggestions

So my son wanted a RC for Christmas. Scored him a 2wd Rustler with quite a few upgrades on offer up. Then I decided I wanted one too. I ordered my Rustler 4x4 VXL and have ordered a big list of parts before Iíve even gotten the car.

Badlands 2.8
    Sway Bars front and rear
    Aluminum turnbuckles
    Steel CV axles
    ESC fan
    Big Bore shocks

Wondering what else people would recommend to add to my build. Eventually Iíll add the aluminum caster blocks and axle carriers. Is there a good ESC and engine upgrade I should think about? Also As Iím fairly new to this, Iíve had trouble learning about the spur and pinion gears and how to use them properly.

Some metal CVDs come with their own metal hexes, but if not, make sure to get a set of aluminum hexes. Aluminum motor mount is nice (helps to cool motor also). You should probably get a motor heatsink & fan also if you are going to use the stock motor for any length of time before upgrading.

RC poster
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was in the air on ordering a heatsink and fan for the motor. Do I have to then wire my two fans together? Would they lose strength that way? Or do they plug separately?

You should have enough spare ports on your receiver to be able to plug in multiple fans separately. In that regard, the receiver basically acts like a power splitter for the power coming from the ESC.