RC Racer

Slash 2WD Front and Rear Offset

I've had my Slash for more than a year, and I love it. My only problem with it is the front and rear offset. It makes it nearly impossible to find wheels that fit. If I put the rear wheels in the front, it is a bit too wide and rubs the body. Is there some way of solving that problem? I was thinking of getting thinner hexes, but can't find any. Some help would be great! Thanks!

Slash 2WD Front and Rear Offset

Pretty sure you can run the 4wd Slash wheels and tires on all four corners.

What happens when you put the front wheels on the rear axles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Sorry for the confusion, I got things mixed up. When the front wheels are on the rear axles, the wheels stick out more. When the rear wheels are on the front, it makes the front more narrow.

Ok, so the rears have a slightly higher offset, and the fronts are about a zero offset. The 2WD Rustler is the same way. If you try the rear wheels on the front, they run the a-arms on full lock turns. If you run the fronts on the rear, they just stick out a little more.

I have 4x4 slash zero offset wheels on all four corners with no problems at all. We just use the truck for fun though, not serious competition. If youre just bashing, Id get a set of the 4x4 wheels and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    OK. Thanks!

If you want to run the same offset tires all the way around then you can get the RPM offset compensating arms for the front. The 4x2 rears and 4x4 tires have the same offset - take a look at the rear rims and they will say that on the inside.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Thank You!

RC poster
    Have a look at the ProLine raid wheels that come on the 2.8 belted Trencher. They have removable hexes and come with short and long offsets. I run them on my Slash VXL with the different offsets in the front and rear and they fit perfectly.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...es-mounted.asp

RC poster
    RPM makes offset-compensating arms for the 2wd Slash which allow you to use rear/4x4 wheels on all four corners.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a...d-nitro-slash/

I didn’t see that this info was already posted.
    Last edited by blacksheep72; 05-12-2020 at 10:35 AM.

RC Competitor
    Not quite what you asked for, but with my 2wd slashes (have two, one HCG, one LCG, both brushless) I recently removed the tires from their wheels, rotated and reglued, so I could keep the rears in the rear and the fronts in the front, but also put the good tread where it is needed more, at the back.

When they are all completely worn out, I'm getting the offset compensating front arms and going with 4x4 wheels/tires. If the two cars had identical tread patterns and wheel designs, I'd have just made the swap now, using the rears from both trucks for one and a set of new for the other.

Using what I have does have the benefit of saving a few bucks, didn't realize quite how hard I went on the quarantine upgrade/repair bill until that statement hit. Eek. Back 'er down a tad... It's all good though haha.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure why everyone makes a big deal of swapping front to back. I do it all the time with zero issues or body rub. Sure it changes the offset a little but not enough to worry about especially on a basher.

RC Racer
    Thanks for all the replies! Since I am going to replace my stock arms anyway, I'm going to get the RPM offset compensation arms and the regular RPM arms for the rear.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    Not sure why everyone makes a big deal of swapping front to back. I do it all the time with zero issues or body rub. Sure it changes the offset a little but not enough to worry about especially on a basher.
    Weird/incorrect offsets look silly to some (not to mention adverse impact on handling, no matter how minimal).
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle