RC Enthusiast

UDR Blue Method Spares (set of 2)

Previously I asked owners of the Traxxas (blue body) Edition if they knew the parts number for a pair of Method Blue wheels & Goodrich tires to use as spare tires. I found the red Method pair but no blue. I donít think it exists yet. But a seller on eBay sells a pair. Iím sure theyíre buying a set of 4 and splitting it. Ok with me as long as everything is color coordinated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Enthusiast

UDR Blue Method Spares (set of 2)

Quote Originally Posted by dbestfromclovis View Post
    Previously I asked owners of the Traxxas (blue body) Edition if they knew the parts number for a pair of Method Blue wheels & Goodrich tires to use as spare tires. I found the red Method pair but no blue. I donít think it exists yet. But a seller on eBay sells a pair. Iím sure theyíre buying a set of 4 and splitting it. Ok with me as long as everything is color coordinated

Last edited by dbestfromclovis; 04-06-2020 at 03:54 PM.

RC Enthusiast

RC Competitor
    The blue is very nice. Cool change.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    The blue is very nice. Cool change.
    Thanks. My favorite color

RC Enthusiast
    I always preferred the red version over the white, but had if the shop had the blue in stock when I picked mine up a couple months ago Im pretty sure I would have gone that route. All of my 1/8 and 1/10 kits that I race with have bodues that Ive done mostly blue and silver themes when I paint up bodies for them, so the blue wheels would have been nice when I grab some clear bodies here soon. I may just paint match the rings myself on some new all black wheels when I get a couple extra sets with new tires. Im picking up one set with the Proline Hyrax tires later this week with hopes they offer better performance than the stock tires... One complaint I have so far about the truck is that because one of my favorite parts of the hobby is modifying and upgrading my rigs, I really wish there were more options for aftermarket wheels/tires/bodies, as well as more brands involved in other parts. I like a lot of the Hot Racing stuff even though the quality is not as nice as it looks, but the black anodizing will look like crap after one run in gravel. If they offered their stuff in clear as an option I would already have most of it... Ive heard GPM is a step or 2 below them in overal quality so even though they offer more colors, I dont want to spend money on sub par stuff...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by supradude26 View Post
    I always preferred the red version over the white, but had if the shop had the blue in stock when I picked mine up a couple months ago Im pretty sure I would have gone that route. All of my 1/8 and 1/10 kits that I race with have bodues that Ive done mostly blue and silver themes when I paint up bodies for them, so the blue wheels would have been nice when I grab some clear bodies here soon. I may just paint match the rings myself on some new all black wheels when I get a couple extra sets with new tires. Im picking up one set with the Proline Hyrax tires later this week with hopes they offer better performance than the stock tires... One complaint I have so far about the truck is that because one of my favorite parts of the hobby is modifying and upgrading my rigs, I really wish there were more options for aftermarket wheels/tires/bodies, as well as more brands involved in other parts. I like a lot of the Hot Racing stuff even though the quality is not as nice as it looks, but the black anodizing will look like crap after one run in gravel. If they offered their stuff in clear as an option I would already have most of it... Ive heard GPM is a step or 2 below them in overal quality so even though they offer more colors, I dont want to spend money on sub par stuff...
    Depends on the popularity of the UDR. Supply and demand. Unfortunately the demand is small
    Iíd love to see Proline produce a Toyota Tundra, Ford Raptor and Chevy Silverado trophy truck body. Even cooler - a Toyota Highlander for an SUV Prerunner
    And when it comes to accessories, this truck will rip them right off. So far Iíve lost aftermarket rear flaps and one of the shock reservoirs when I use sport mode. Too much power. Too much crashing
    I now run at training mode. The truck has predictable power and to me actually looks like a trophy truck. In sport mode my off-road straight line speed runs (surface similar to a dry lake bed) are at an average of 35 mph. On training mode - 20 mph. Which is fast and realistic. And turning doesnít end up in a barrel roll. Donít have to go out ten thousand times to turn it back over. Just a better UDR

RC Racer
    Thanks for the tip on the blue wheels. Hopefully Traxxas makes them available eventually, so when Mr. Ebay's stock runs out we can still get them.

RC poster
    JRC, Jenny's RC on ebay. $69 + 15.50 shipping. Full set (4)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by worthing3104 View Post
    JRC, Jenny's RC on ebay. $69 + 15.50 shipping. Full set (4)
    This about buying a pair of blue Method wheels and tires for the spare tires.
    Iíve already bought a set of 4 for the 4 corners of the truck. I just couldnít find a set of 2. They sell a set of 2 red Methods (TRA8474) but no set of 2 blue Methods

RC Enthusiast
    This about buying a pair of blue Method wheels and tires for the spare tires.
    Iíve already bought a set of 4 for the 4 corners of the truck. I just couldnít find a set of 2. They sell a set of 2 red Methods (TRA8474) but no set of 2 blue Methods

And I actually bought the set of 4 you mentioned from Jennyís RC on EBay