RC Racer

Revo 3.3 not wanting to shift outta reverse

I guess I could have a bad servo but what would be a typical reason for the trans to not shift out of reverse? Sometimes it will, sometimes it wonít but when it doesnít, itís like the truck isnít responding to the command from the radio...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    My reverse servo died in the second run. Try pluging it in the first or second channel of the receiver and check if it moves. It may be the time to go for forward only or center diff conversion

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lexuabest View Post
    My reverse servo died in the second run. Try pluging it in the first or second channel of the receiver and check if it moves. It may be the time to go for forward only or center diff conversion
    I didnít try plugging it into a different channel outlet, but I did take the servo apart to find out that the final little gear on the inside of the case that actually turns the outer gear has the pitman arm or whatever itís called, actually split in half is why it wouldnít engage the reverse lever on the transmission. Also, the motor acted like it didnít want to shut off, either so thatís why I just went ahead and ordered a whole new servo instead of just the replacement gear set.

But what is the center diff conversion??

And since weíre talking conversions, whatís up with the rear brake disk you can add? Is that a servo-driven part, and what exactly does that do? Does it work independently from the main brake or do they work in unison?

Center diff is if you want to separate the bias of power between the front and rear axles. Install it and you'll lose rear brakes unless you install the rear brake kit which is servo driven by the same servo that controls the throttle/brake. Plus, you should make sure that you have the gearbox housing that has the attachments for the rear brake kit. If you want to see how it was installed take a look at the PE Revo #5304.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Center diff is if you want to separate the bias of power between the front and rear axles. Install it and you'll lose rear brakes unless you install the rear brake kit which is servo driven by the same servo that controls the throttle/brake. Plus, you should make sure that you have the gearbox housing that has the attachments for the rear brake kit. If you want to see how it was installed take a look at the PE Revo #5304.
    I decided to look at a few YouTube videos on that and I donít think thatís an upgrade I need to do, thanks for explaining.

RC Racer

Revo 3.3 not wanting to shift outta reverse

But I did get my problem fixed, tho. I guess it was just a bad servo because I put a new one in it and it works fine.

Last edited by corneileous; 04-13-2020 at 11:48 AM.