RC Competitor

Looking to build 4 tec 2.0 for high speed runs

I'm looking for a chassis that is good for handling speed, it looks like people have good luck with the 4-tec 2.0 chassis.. i was wondering if it is worth it to invest in one and what other peoples experience is with it. i want to build a car that can handle speeds of 80+ mph. I also have a slash 4x4 that I'm debating on doing an on road conversion and making that go fast but it is also kinda my all around RC that i use for everything and parts would probably be more expensive since it would be a 1/8 scale on road, but would probably be more stable at speeds. basically what I'm wondering is if it is worth it to build up a 4-tec 2.0 pr should i stick with my slash and do that. Let me know what experience you guys have had with the 4-tec.

RC Racer
    As long as you already have brushless, there is not a ton more you can do. I suggest aluminum wherever you can, and the biggest pinion you can find. Not sure if the XO-1 ESC would fit in it but it would be worth a try..
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

Use the 4 Tec 2.0 if you don't mind the low chassis (its a lot less likely to flip over and more aerodynamic if you put on the right body). Get the brushed version and upgrade from there if you want a faster system than the VXL. Also, if you're gonna go 80+mph, get a stronger center driveshaft and both front and rear driveshafts, and steel turnbuckles. Consider getting aluminum arms, castor blocks, etc (but keep in mind that what breaks plastic bends aluminum). Aluminum only prevents breaking more parts by bending to absorb the energy, it's not completely indestructible and you might have to pay more to repair. If you are thinking about getting aluminum parts, Hot Racing makes pretty good aluminum parts for it on eBay.

RC Competitor
    Ok i just wasn't sure if an on road car was the way to go because i've never really had an on road rc but if it is more aerodynamic that sounds better cause once my slash gets to about 60mph it cant even stay on the ground with a short course body on
    Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    Use the 4 Tec 2.0 if you don't mind the low chassis (its a lot less likely to flip over and more aerodynamic if you put on the right body). Get the brushed version and upgrade from there if you want a faster system than the VXL. Also, if you're gonna go 80+mph, get a stronger center driveshaft and both front and rear driveshafts, and steel turnbuckles. Consider getting aluminum arms, castor blocks, etc (but keep in mind that what breaks plastic bends aluminum). Aluminum only prevents breaking more parts by bending to absorb the energy, it's not completely indestructible and you might have to pay more to repair. If you are thinking about getting aluminum parts, Hot Racing makes pretty good aluminum parts for it on eBay.
    There’s a user on here that listed the differences between XL-5 and the VXL. I tried to find a VXL roller for a while. I’d just search fleabay until you can grab one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk