RC Competitor

what happens when you hit a concrete staircase at full speed on 3s

Dont think ive ever done this much damage to my slash and these things are pretty durable.. lost control of it and slid into a concrete staircase full speed on 3s Time to wrench on it again i guess.. Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FopHCSM8of4vFp3z9
    Slash 4x4

Strangely...or, maybe not so strangely...enough, I believe it. Two weeks ago, I did something similar with, and to, my Rusty 4x4 while on 3S. Wish I had it on video, because the serial acrobatic was simply amazing. Repairs, for both of our vehicles, will take a little while, and be costly.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    Time well spent getting to know your truck....you can thank me later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Borderdog View Post
    Time well spent getting to know your truck....you can thank me later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yeah hahahaha and ive been looking for an excuse to upgrade to gtr shocks and i just ordered a set seeing that i broke 2 of mine with that wreck
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Strangely...or, maybe not so strangely...enough, I believe it. Two weeks ago, I did something similar with, and to, my Rusty 4x4 while on 3S. Wish I had it on video, because the serial acrobatic was simply amazing. Repairs, for both of our vehicles, will take a little while, and be costly.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    looks like we're in the same boat.. that wreck was pretty gnarly and the damage isn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be, i bent both of the front steering links/ toe adjustment turnbuckles, 2 of the shocks (one was in the rear surprisingly) and completely destroyed the front differential casing. I'm hoping there's no more damage left that i didn't notice earlier haha now i just gotta wait for my parts!
    Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by NoahP View Post
    looks like we're in the same boat.. that wreck was pretty gnarly and the damage isn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be, i bent both of the front steering links/ toe adjustment turnbuckles, 2 of the shocks (one was in the rear surprisingly) and completely destroyed the front differential casing. I'm hoping there's no more damage left that i didn't notice earlier haha now i just gotta wait for my parts!
    At least you've already assessed your damage. I was visiting family in Vegas, just packed that one up after the accident, pulled out the (brand new) Losi Baja Rey, and went back to having fun. I haven't taken the Rusty out of its carrying case since. Just returned to the SF Bay Area yesterday. Will try to assess damage before the end of the weekend, as I'm working on Bala Rey upgrades tomorrow, and my new ProBoat SonicWake 36 should be delivered on Thursday.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    At least you've already assessed your damage. I was visiting family in Vegas, just packed that one up after the accident, pulled out the (brand new) Losi Baja Rey, and went back to having fun. I haven't taken the Rusty out of its carrying case since. Just returned to the SF Bay Area yesterday. Will try to assess damage before the end of the weekend, as I'm working on Bala Rey upgrades tomorrow, and my new ProBoat SonicWake 36 should be delivered on Thursday.

good thing you have back up rig haha
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    WOW!!! I was running about 40mph once and got pulled into the drainage hole of a driveway. Caught the left front tire and ripped the complete side off, Did not break the bulkhead like yours, but it was pretty impressive. Always wish tere was video during times like this.

Glad you have parts and backup toys, always makes it a little easier.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
    WOW!!! I was running about 40mph once and got pulled into the drainage hole of a driveway. Caught the left front tire and ripped the complete side off, Did not break the bulkhead like yours, but it was pretty impressive. Always wish tere was video during times like this.

I'm my case, "backups" yes...several, actually, although I had only brought one (Capra Class 3 comp rig) with me, plus I purchased the Baja Rey the day after seeing in Vegas...but, "spare parts", no, especially not new A-arms (which are completely destroyed), which is the only part I know needs to be replaced. Haven't even checked, yet, to determine other damage.

RC Racer
    Check out what happens to a limitless when it goes airborne at 153 lol - https://youtu.be/DebGvJPrSRc

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post

Thats crazy.. i was suprised to find out i broke the bulkhead after i had already ordered all my new parts haha cause i just kinda set it down and didnt wanna look at it after i wrecked it
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Check out what happens to a limitless when it goes airborne at 153 lol - https://youtu.be/DebGvJPrSRc
    Wow... i wonder if he ever found his tire lol that was crazy
    Slash 4x4

I remember once, I was trying to drive in between two concrete pillars. I missed and hit one of them. Not even the RPM shock tower could handle it:

RC Enthusiast
    wow never seen a diff explode. respect

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazbasher View Post
    wow never seen a diff explode. respect
    Thanks i couldn't believe it when i saw it
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I remember once, I was trying to drive in between two concrete pillars. I missed and hit one of them. Not even the RPM shock tower could handle it:

That's crazy that it broke like that, those rpm parts are pretty hard to break. I'm still waiting on a couple parts to get mine back up and running hahaha
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Destroyed my rear bumper and bulkhead and a arms full speed in 3s into an exposed edge of a sidewalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kw3277 View Post
    Destroyed my rear bumper and bulkhead and a arms full speed in 3s into an exposed edge of a sidewalk
    Basically how i crashed except destroyed the whole front end lol
    Slash 4x4