RC poster

Anyone ever use a gyro in their 4tec for drifting?

I have a 4Tec 2.0 VXL, stock. I was wondering if anyone's ever tried putting a gyro in theirs and if it gave godlike drift control. Also, I have the TSM version, would that complicate things?

RC Racer
    Usually, 2wd drift cars use gyros. The 4 Tec 2.0 is a 4wd, so there's not really a need for a gyro. I prefer to drift without a gyro (sometimes it overcorrects, and fights with me), but it does make things easier for some people. The TSM is basically a gyro because they are both used to countersteer the car. If you are planning on using a gyro, turn the TSM off or get a receiver without TSM because they probably will both be controlling the servo (have not tried that yet, but would be interested to see what happens). Anyways, if you are planning on turning the 4 Tec into an awesome drift car, get adjustable turnbuckles for a bit of negative camber, and a high torque motor (brushed, or sensored brushless if the VXL motor is stalling at low speeds).

RC poster
    Makes sense about the TSM. I think I'll leave my 4tec alone, but I started a 2wd Slash to drag/muscle car conversion, and bought an inexpensive hobbywing gyro to see is that helps with stability. The cars I have with TSM drive pretty stable, so i'm not gonna fix what aint broke. But the 2wd slash is turning into my cheap little expensive experiment car.