RC poster

Xo-1 stock tire balance

Hey anyone here balance there xo-1 tires from new ? Not long received a new from and rear set of pre glues rim's and tires . Fronts balanced easy as cut the rears took a extreme amount of weight to clamber weight to bring them right . . .

RC Competitor

Tyre balance

Quote Originally Posted by More power View Post
    Hey anyone here balance there xo-1 tires from new ? Not long received a new from and rear set of pre glues rim's and tires . Fronts balanced easy as cut the rears took a extreme amount of weight to clamber weight to bring them right . . .
    Out of the box those were really bad. Balanced them right after the first run.
    Now the sloppines of the front is annoying me. Allready have the plan and the bearings to fix it, only the time is missing... Got my xo-1 just before winter and drove it just few times.
    Plan was to fix it in the winter time, but , is it allready spring!?
    Last edited by Double G; 04-16-2020 at 05:03 PM.

I have balanced new pre-glued XO-1 tires, and new XO-1 tires that I have glued. I have never had to use much weight to bring them into spec. (IMO) you have either a bad tire, bad rim, or the foam insert is pinched.

Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Yes I agree there , the kit set balanced up with hardly anything needed to correct them and remove all vibration . I've glued a set up myself (rears) and they almost didn't need anything to correct them . But the latest set required a large amount of weight to correct them . Just interested in how many people have this with a pricey tire set , you would think possibly with the speed this RC is capable of the balance would be better .

balancing

Quote Originally Posted by More power View Post
    Yes I agree there , the kit set balanced up with hardly anything needed to correct them and remove all vibration . I've glued a set up myself (rears) and they almost didn't need anything to correct them . But the latest set required a large amount of weight to correct them . Just interested in how many people have this with a pricey tire set , you would think possibly with the speed this RC is capable of the balance would be better .
    *** i balanced mine using stock spindle on car . came out good . needed weight on 4 tires (1/5 scale)
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

were your tires round ? sounds like they needed to be shaved to be round .

Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    *** I balanced mine using stock spindle on car. Came out good. Needed weight on 4 tires (1/5 scale).
    A lot of people do it that way. It's not a bad way to do it, especially with larger truck wheels. With smaller (lighter) wheels, though, you do have to be careful. When doing smaller (lighter) XO-1 wheels, you want minimal wheel spin resistance. The less you have, the more accurate the placement of your weight will be.

The balancer I have (pictured above in post #3) was originally made to be used for balancing RC airplane and helicopter blades. It offers way less resistance than that of an XO-1 spindle and its' bearings, and therefore it is more accurate. Think about it this way, what's weighs more a RC propeller that's the size of an XO-1 wheel, or a XO-1 wheel? What weighs more a XO-1 wheel or a Emaxx wheel? The answer is, of course, a XO-1 size RC prop weighs the least, and the Emaxx wheel weighs the most.

When I first got my XO-1, I tried using my Emaxx balancer (below). It uses the same wheel bearings as an XO-1, and (for me) there was to much wheel spin resistance to balance my XO-1 wheels accurately.

That's why I adapted my prop balancer to be able to do my XO-1 wheels. It offers way less wheel spin resistance than a XO-1 spindle and its' bearings. Now, I'm not saying don't use your XO-1 stock spindles to balance your XO-1 wheels. I'm just saying to be careful when balancing your XO-1 wheels that way, because there's a chance that you might not be balancing your XO-1 wheels as accurately as they need to be.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-18-2020 at 01:30 AM.

i agree with reg guy . but being a DIY person , cant help my self .............

Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    i agree with reg guy . but being a DIY person , cant help my self .............
    What does DIY stand for? Me being a Baby Boom Boom Boomer, I'm not up on all this stuff. (lol)

Do It Yourself
    The Super Derecho

Oh, okay...thanks.