RC poster

Chassis reinforcement

I've broken the front bulkhead an struts - bought metal ones
    I've broken the sliders - bought metal ones

Now I broke the chassis - I bought the rear- reinforcement but cant find a metal chassis.

Is there a spray you can spray when you get a new chassis that will reinforce the plastic to make it invincible?

Thanks

Which truck are you referring too? E Revo 2.0 or V1?

RC poster

Chassis Reinforcement

V1.0

Old school >LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Which truck are you referring too? E Revo 2.0 or V1?

Gotcha! Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the V1. As your experiencing..as you go aluminum in some areas, you are pushing the stress to the next weakest part. Which I am sure you are aware of. I've heard you can soak RC plastic in WD40 and it is suppose to help prevent things from snapping and breaking. Would by no means say bulletproof or invincible...but may help your case.

RC poster
    Im wondering if anyone has used some type of spray that hardens and protects the plastic making it harder to break

RC poster
    I have a metal chassis on my e Revo does anybody on here know why it's hesitating and no reverse and then it comes out of the hesitate after a little bit has full power and then I'll get reverse but reverse isn't very fast and then it will hesitate again and again and again and so on and so on I was wondering if the guy didn't calibrate it but I almost think it's an electrical thing any ideas

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I recently got an integy center skid/tunnel cover that I have yet to install. I busted my 2.0 chassis last fall after breaking 2 or 3 of the center channels near where the little access door is.

Part of my issue was I got it used and there was already a crack at the front of one of the battery bays. From what I can tell, the battery doors themselves add strength to the center of the chassis and if the battery bay has a crack, or the doors aren't locked in properly due to cracked hinges, the core of the truck is fairly soft.

I was also contemplating getting alloy battery doors as I'm tired of the hinges cracking on me. I'm on my 4th set of doors in 6 months. I just have to see if the alloy ones have a plastic hing or if it's metal/mechanical hinge instead.

I haven't installed the center skid yet because I'm not 100% sure it won't just add new problems by making the core of the truck too stiff. Will see how it does once the weather allows and lockdowns permit. I just don't want to make it so rigid that I start snapping bulkheads on a frequent basis.

I bent the traxxas alloy rear chassis brace last fall and have since made my own out of 1/8" 6061 bar stock.

Mine was a v1, but I got a roller and now it's a v2.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss