RC poster

Question Retrofit brushed E-Revo with bad *** brushless!

But after less than a hour of in the grass use, transmission was too hot to touch and smelled like hot gear lube. Kinda looking for some info before wading in and tearing it down. Removed to cover on the clutch and clutch has material on it, but gear appears to be in ok shape. I know a metal gear on the tranny side, have a metal one on motor side, would make it a little more durable. Happy with the performance and knew that some of the "factory" parts probably wouldnt take the new brushless, so looking forward to beefing in up and getting back on the track. Thanks for any help on this subject!

From what you have described it sounds like your clutch is slipping. If your spur and pinion gears are ok I would tighten down the clutch a few turns and try it again. Run a few quick passes and then bring it back and check your temperatures.
    37 Fightercat Shocker 10S
    Traxxas Spartan Stock

RC poster
    Hey thanks! You nailed it, slipper was missing a pad and barely touching the PP. Thanks for answering this. This thing is way more fun than I ever thought it could be. Thanks again.

RC poster
    What do you think of the HD clutch kit from traxxas over a after market company