RC poster

Traxxas 2wd Slash Shock Build Question

Strange question, I know, but will GTR shafts work with Ultra shock bodies? Rules say that I have to run Ultra Shocks, but internal's aren't tech items. I was wondering if I could use the GTR shafts with the variable dampening pistons.

Thanks.

RC Racer
    Interesting question. Sorry I don’t have the answer you’re looking for, but from a tech perspective, if I knew what I was looking at, I’d probably give it a thumbs down. The shafts are major components of what makes a type of shock what it is.

If there’s no visual difference, run with it and don’t tell anyone what you’re doing.

RC poster
    It's a gray area for sure. Lots of people run the Ti Coates shafts and several are running the old RPM two stage pistons. You just cant find them anywhere.
    I'm just wondering if the shafts are the same diameter.

The shafts might be the same diameter but the gtr shocks are a bigger bore than the ultras so the pistons wont work.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Well, that settles that. Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a similar question. I'm looking for shorter shafts to install on my stock Bandit shocks anyone have dimensions and a part number?

You can just put spacers (fuel line ect) under the piston and it will shorten the down stroke of the shock. What are you trying to achieve if I can ask?

RC Enthusiast
    I know that's one way but I'd rather not "rig" it no offense to anyone who does this I'm just super picky LOL. Its for a no prep street eliminator I'm building.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-16-2020 at 01:35 AM. Reason: language abuse

Doesn't seem too rigged to me, it's a legit part. I dont know of a shorter option. Not saying it's not out there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
    I know that's one way but I'd rather not "rig" it no offense to anyone who does this I'm just super picky LOL. Its for a no prep street eliminator I'm building.
    If you have room extend your upper shock mounting points. I build brackets from carbon fiber sheet to do that. If that's not a option then shorten the shock shafts yourself by threading the rod end part of the shaft to the length you desire and cut off the excess with a dremel cut off wheel. I don't know of a shorter Traxxas shock shaft than a bandit unless you go to something like a Losi buggy shock.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-16-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: modified quote