RC poster

new to Latrax...hi everyone and i have some Q's

So ive had high slash 4x4 that i bought 5 yrs ago with all the bells and whistles. i didnt use it too much but have always been impressed with how it can take a beating and never break

now with the kids at home i figured to get them into rc too, so i bought 2 pre runners last week.

Unfortunately ive been kinda underwhelmed

its hit a curb a few times and totally mangled the front suspension... i didnt think they were super hard hits but i guess i am wrong..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R54fZFkrpMfuNKds6

before this hit that exploded the shock, i had another swipe at a curb that knocked out the control arm pin.. i found it and shoved it back in ...but im wondering too myself would have been better off buying the 1/16 slash for the kids

other thing is alignment...i know u can set it by the knob on controller but i cannot get it straight with either of the two....whats the trick

next - random Stops....one of the vehicles just died on me, had to power off and then on...kinda frustrated with it only being a week old

any advice, thanks

RC poster
    The photo you posted does not appear to be one of a one week old truck. The wear and rust on the lower ball for the strut mount is just not physically possible in only one week. Did you buy them used? If so all bets to their reliability are off.

I bought a Teton for my boys 2 weeks ago. They use it just about every day, but I have it set in training mode until them stop hitting everything. (If you aren't familiar training mode only allows 50% power) They've run into a lot of things so far and the only issue I had was losing a body pin.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyKeith View Post
    The photo you posted does not appear to be one of a one week old truck. The wear and rust on the lower ball for the strut mount is just not physically possible in only one week. Did you buy them used? If so all bets to their reliability are off.

I bought a Teton for my boys 2 weeks ago. They use it just about every day, but I have it set in training mode until them stop hitting everything. (If you aren't familiar training mode only allows 50% power) They've run into a lot of things so far and the only issue I had was losing a body pin.
    My apologies, I just looked I my Teton and I have to take back what I said. Depending on how hard you're running it and seeing what looks like sand in the picture, that could be a one week old truck!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyKeith View Post
    My apologies, I just looked I my Teton and I have to take back what I said. Depending on how hard you're running it and seeing what looks like sand in the picture, that could be a one week old truck!
    bought new , driven hard...hence the dirt

RC Racer
    I would go with a 1/16 slash or e revo if you're having troubles with the latrax prerunner.

RC poster
    Kinda too late now. Can't return. Need a new steering servo. Trying to figure out what metal gear option

RC poster
    The steering servos are my biggest complaint. The micro servos should all be metal gear from the factory in my opinion. I just had to replace mine yesterday. Went with the Traxxas part as it was in stock at my local hobby house.