RC poster

EZ Peak Dual Charger Problems

I plan on contacting customer support tomorrow, however, I am just trying to see if anyone has had a similar problem with a solution while waiting. The charger is only a few days old, and has worked great up to this point. When plugging the charger in now, the lights run the tree as normal. When I connect a NIMH with ID into the chargers left port, it will continuously recognize and un-recognize the battery. I cannot put it into manual mode or anything. However, If I put that same battery into the right side port, it works just fine. Tried a different NIMH battery and it was the same thing. To make everything more confusing, if I connect my Lipo battery to the same left port I am having problems with, it seems to be fine.

Thank you for any help or responses. Again, I am going to contact support tomorrow. I will update this thread with the solution they give me.

RC poster
    Update:

Talked to customer support this morning. The good: they are replacing/fixing this charger. The bad: they send defective stuff out, wont let you return it, make the customer pay for the shipping, let you be out of using the stuff you just bought for weeks. For reference, I just got it Friday, so not even a week old

RC poster
    Hi, new here. Well, that seems disappointing. Just returning to hobby and picked up an EZ Peak Live Dual myself.
    It seems once you lose connection via app, it resets when you reconnect. I'm running standard NiMH at the moment. I'm charging them at less than 4amp max, 2.5 so I can maintain life cycle of batteries. 4200 mA I guess takes more than an hr, but charger won't continuously charge, so it shuts off with a timeout error and I have to restart it.