Battery Charging with non-Traxxas battery

I bought a non-Traxxas 2s battery with an XT60 plug.

The battery says to Please stop charging immediately when the cell voltage been charged to 4.2v (Normal cell voltage is between 3.7v~4.2v).

I have a Traxxas EZ Peak Live single battery charger, and the second top light (the one before the fully charged light) says 4.0v, and the lights go up by 1v (there are 5 lights) The one on the top doesn't have a number next to it, it just signifies fully charged. Does this mean the charger charges to 5v?, because there isn't a way to toggle the max voltage of charge on this charger, because it's meant for one type of battery.

Should I keep an eye on my charger/not use it, or will I be fine?
    Last edited by TITANIUM94010; 04-20-2020 at 10:02 PM.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

Ate you able to plug in the balance plug?
    If yes then the charger will monitor and balance your cells and charge till full then shut down.
    DO NOT CHARGE BATTS UNATTENDED.
    Is it bluetooth capable?if so use the app to control the settings

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamann; 04-20-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

When I use my Traxxas "live" charger with the balance ports, I need to use the app in order to charge. Don't charge a LiPo battery without using the balance plug.

The led lights are not 1volt indicators but the battery charge level.

I know about the balance ports, my charger has the number of volts charged in to it next to the lights, along with the bars. There is a balance plug next to the charging port, one wide and one less wide.
    I usually charge my Traxxas lipos in eyes view, but I wouldn't look at it every minute or so to see where it's at.

RC poster
    As long as you are plugged into the balance port the ez peak chargers will charge to the correct voltage.

You should definitely order some Lipo bags for charging and storing your batteries.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought you were trying to charge to 5v. If you are using the balance ports, the charger is suppose to stop at 4.2v per cell.

Do you have a picture of your charger showing the 1v,2v,3v,4v next to the lights? Mine is like jamann's. The only way to see any voltage is through the Traxxas app. And the only way I can charge non-ID LiPo batteries is through the Traxxas app.

Battery Charging with non-Traxxas battery

Oops, I have an ez peak plus, not live. Sorry

Itís really hard to get good lighting in my garage, so pls donít rant about how itís on wooden floor, I donít charge it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the traxxas chargers had 1a, 2a, 3a, and 4a next to the lights. This is not volts. This is amps. In some cases the charger would let you pick (or tell you) the charge rate in amps before you started the charge. You have no control whatsoever of the voltage with a traxxas charger other than selecting balance (4.2V per cell) and store (3.8V per cell). The charger knows what the voltage should be and gets the battery there by itself.

Edit: just saw that you posted the pic above. That is what the traxxas chargers show, amps not volts.

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Should I keep an eye on my charger/not use it, or will I be fine?
    To answer your original question- If your using the balance ports and LiPo battery setting it sounds like it is working right and everything is fine. It's also a good idea to use the balance charge setting each time also. Sounds like just confusion on what the numbers/leds were indicating.

justin is right, they indicate charge amps not volts.

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Oops, I have an ez peak plus, not live. Sorry
    No worry. It's easier to charge a non ID battery on the charger you do have.