RC poster

E revo need help

So Iím new to all of this got a e revo 1/16th found it in a storage unit we were cleaning out. Had everything but a battery charger. Went to a local rc shop bought a charger came home charged the batteries separately. Turned everything on and the car worked fine to my knowledge. Seemed to die quickly so I recharged batteries on a lower amperage to get a good deep cycle out of them. Put them back In the car it ran for about 5 min figured batteries were shot. During the five minute run blew a tire out doing a doughnut it did happen to land in some water, it does have the vxl 3m waterproof in it. It started acting as if the batteries were during out. So I recharged them and order a new set of batteries figured those were not holding a charge. While waiting for the new batteries I tried a few times to re charge on different amps every time I put the batteries back In the car I would turn the transmitter on then the vxl and a dim flashing red light would come on. If I would turn just the vxl on it would go green for lipo mode or red if I held it down for nimh mode. But if I would turn the transmitter back on it would flash red in a dim light but fast. I read, the flashing red light will mean thermal shut down mode but the batteries are cold and so is the car so what could the problem be. I have no response with the transmitter

The reciever probably went bad.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Please let us know what batteries you have and charger. As batteries don't have a long shelf life if stored wrong.

Did the charger say the battery was done?

The receiver if wet could be acting up. Mine did, after drying worked again. I removed the receiver (rx) and let it dry in the sun for 2h. All good after

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If blinking light red is from here the RX and tx(transmitter) are not bound. The RX is in this box. Can check for water in it. But if sealed correctly it should be water resistant.

https://youtu.be/NMrKkt0BHxA

Also check batteries in tx if good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I need help as well my e Revo has hesitation and won't work properly literally hesitates over and over then comes out of it and has full power then nothing and I calibrated it and now it work for a couple minutes then back to hesitating and no reverse like it was b4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The blinking light is coming from the box 3m, receiver is dry I took it out and opened it up and no moisture

RC poster
    The batteries are traxxas 7.2v 1200 nimh they read out on a volt meter 7v the old batteries read out 8.2v

Where you running two batteries in series plugged into the ESC when you blew a tire? The only reason I ask is I had an VXL-3m act similar when I ran two batteries in series, and the ESC went bad.

Here are the directions for the ESC setup:traxxas.com-VXL-3m-Instructions.pdf. Try the steps and see if it helps.
    Setup the transmitter then calibrate the ESC.

RC poster
    Yes I was running it with both batteries I’ve tried the reset but it won’t allow me to do anything as soon as I turn the transmitter on it starts blinking red fast

What happens when you turn the transmitter on first then ESC? That should be the order they should be turned on. Transmitter first, Esc/Rx second.