RC Enthusiast

Maxx with upgrades or XMaxx stock?

Hello

New to RC world and looking for my second rig. Currently have the Rustler 4c4vxl and just got it this week and looking for the next car. Lol

I really want something for running in the grass and dirt.
    Is the maxx with wife kit and upgrades worth it or better just getting the x maxx once it is back in stock. Looking for feedback and opinions

Appreciate the info in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Xmaxx is the king
    fabricator

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconX View Post
    Hello

New to RC world and looking for my second rig. Currently have the Rustler 4c4vxl and just got it this week and looking for the next car. Lol

I really want something for running in the grass and dirt.
    Is the maxx with wife kit and upgrades worth it or better just getting the x maxx once it is back in stock. Looking for feedback and opinions

Appreciate the info in advance

Second Traxxas in a week you say?

Excellent point, yes you definitely want to get the one with the "Wife kit".

ESP with the wide-Maxx upgrades, it’s that - or a divorce mediator when the upgrades start arriving. I chose the "with new purse for wife" kit, myself.

RC Enthusiast
    tall grass and state park get xmaxx. county n city park fun get maxx plus maxx you can have in your neighborhood too.

RC poster
    .. I literally bought the 1/16 Summit on 4/9, and then by 4/15 was also the owner of a Maxx lol. Never owned an RC car before, instant-hooked! I wanna experience the Maxx on stock for now, but that wide kit sounds tempting, may need steel cvd's sooner than later any way.

RC Enthusiast
    Well I REALLY like the X-Maxx. But I like the Maxx too. I have had extremely good luck with my X-Maxx. I have bought the 2085x servo, RPM rear hub carriers, CEN hinge pins (only the 4 that matter), XT90 connectors, and changed some diff fluid. Have only broken a left front arm and rear bumper bracket. All stock electronics. Runs extremely long on a set of batteries! Its really awesome how long it runs amd what this thing will run over. It will crawl, pull a wagon with kids, go fast, you name it!
    The Maxx is very much fun and fast! Very powerful for its size. Runs a very long time on one 4s battery. Has not ran hot yet either! I did get the WideMaxx kit but didn't need too. Just wanted too. I did just get steel axles and hubs but didnt need too yet. Just wanted to spend the money?!?!. I really like them both. I bought a Kraton 6s also and spent a ton of money on it amd it is awesome but if I had to choose only one of them, then it would be the X-Maxx. It's just really awesome.

Per Traxxas, there is a certain body from the other side of the world that is not to be mentioned.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-22-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    X-Maxx_Maxx_Rust4x4vxl_TRX-4_Slash4x4_Rally_4Tec2

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    Well I REALLY like the X-Maxx. But I like the Maxx too. I have had extremely good luck with my X-Maxx. I have bought the 2085x servo, RPM rear hub carriers, CEN hinge pins (only the 4 that matter), XT90 connectors, and changed some diff fluid. Have only broken a left front arm and rear bumper bracket. All stock electronics. Runs extremely long on a set of batteries! Its really awesome how long it runs amd what this thing will run over. It will crawl, pull a wagon with kids, go fast, you name it!
    The Maxx is very much fun and fast! Very powerful for its size. Runs a very long time on one 4s battery. Has not ran hot yet either! I did get the WideMaxx kit but didn't need too. Just wanted too. I did just get steel axles and hubs but didnt need too yet. Just wanted to spend the money?!?!. I really like them both. I bought a Kraton 6s also and spent a ton of money on it amd it is awesome but if I had to choose only one of them, then it would be the X-Maxx. It's just really awesome.
    Besides being able to throttle into turns even more with the WideMaxx Kit, what other benefits would there be from getting this kit? I may be wrong, but would this kit make the Maxx more vulnerable when getting air and landing from launching off jumps when landing?

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to de-rail, but how much run time from your 4s and what mAh is it??
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Enthusiast
    Per Traxxas, there is a certain body from the other side of the world that is not to be mentioned.[/QUOTE]

What in the world? Is this comment serious? My post was edited for what reason?
    Double G, please send me link to rules of what is not allowed. I figured bad language along with slander and such are not allowed, which is great! Just want to see how long this hush list actually is. Very respectfully, NitroStar
    Last edited by NitroStar; 04-22-2020 at 01:27 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post
    Besides being able to throttle into turns even more with the WideMaxx Kit, what other benefits would there be from getting this kit? I may be wrong, but would this kit make the Maxx more vulnerable when getting air and landing from launching off jumps when landing?
    It would for different circumstances. Not for others. The Maxx is MUCH fun box stock! NO need to go WideMaxx. But it is fun doing it also. Can be a fun part of the hobby for some. Not for others. Sorry for vague answer but it's the truth.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Sorry to de-rail, but how much run time from your 4s and what mAh is it??
    SMC 7200 lipos. Run time varies from 25 minutes up to 45 minutes depending on throttle inputs and surfaces and mood of driving.

Per Traxxas, there is a certain body from the other side of the world that is not to be mentioned.
    What in the world? Is this comment serious? My post was edited for what reason?
    Double G, please send me link to rules of what is not allowed. I figured bad language along with slander and such are not allowed, which is great! Just want to see how long this hush list actually is. Very respectfully, NitroStar
    Yes it is serious; that is why the post was edited. The rules are on the front page of the forum. I cannot post a list nor PM as the language filter will take it out. The direction came straight from Traxxas in 2018 to remove mention of it because the body is an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted product. There is also a certain website from the far east where their site as well as products are not allowed.

If you wish to take this up further you can certainly send me (not a Traxxas employee but a customer as well) and/or the forum administrator (Traxxas employee) a PM.
    The Super Derecho

Take a close look at how much room you have to run. The xmaxx eats up space... It's huge!

You can get away with a bit less room using the Maxx. Also, 1 battery vs 2 is nice.

Both are fun!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinizter View Post
    tall grass and state park get xmaxx. county n city park fun get maxx plus maxx you can have in your neighborhood too.
    x2

i have both but my xmaxx rarely gets used.. too large to lug around any where and i cant get it out in the neighborhood cause its too large

maxx will be fun anywhere xmaxx and only be fun in very large empty areas

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I live in a neighborhood and have plenty of room for the X-Maxx to be fun. I donít live in the concrete jungle kind of neighborhood, if I want to really have fun, I do need more than a couple acres.

RC Enthusiast
    Does the Maxx move well in grass? i tried my rustler and it was struggling cause my grass is pretty high, i guess just the way it is in NJ area?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconX View Post
    Does the Maxx move well in grass? i tried my rustler and it was struggling cause my grass is pretty high, i guess just the way it is in NJ area?
    tough going in wild grass. but regular state park and community park grass i had. i problem with maxx. but if you plan it to go wild on the tall grass get xmaxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by czlynx View Post
    Take a close look at how much room you have to run. The xmaxx eats up space... It's huge!

You can get away with a bit less room using the Maxx. Also, 1 battery vs 2 is nice.

Both are fun!
    Agreed!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir