RC poster

New EZ Peak Plus not working

Hi guys

Today I received a new EZ Peak Plus charger and a STORM NiMH battery. But the charger isn't recognising it (or any of my older Traxxas and non-Traxxas batteries) or activating any charging mode.

When I plug them in, the traffic lights continue flashing in sequence. Holding Start or Start + Charge Select for a few seconds does nothing. Pushing the batteries right in does nothing either. Points are clean etc.

Have checked out similar issues on this forum and loads of YouTube videos but it seems some people - like me - still have this issue. Must be a defective charger?

Traxxas live chat won't ship replacements in the UK which is fair enough. Local dealer too far away to test. Just have to wait until I get a reply from online dealer I bought it from I guess.

Might just order another charger and a Power Series 1 battery as I think that's the only branded stick to work with a pre-2015 Traxxis Summit VXL 1/16.

Any other ideas? Cheers

Are your batteries non-ID? (the charger will only recognize Traxxas ID batteries)
    To disable the ID or autorecognition, hold the Charge Rate button and the Start/Stop button down at the same time (The bottom red light will flash). Then you can select the charge rate (in amps) and the type of battery, and press and hold start. Hopefully, that does it.

Heres a vid about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PF1K4FoeTs

RC poster
    Yes, the new battery and some of my older ones are non-ID. I've already tried going into advanced/manual mode loads of times as mentioned in my OP:

Holding Start or Start + Charge Select for a few seconds does nothing.

But the lights continue flickering in the same sequence as though a battery hasn't even been connected. They don't switch to the scanning cycle.

Hence thinking it's a duff unit.

Cheers

RC poster
    Following I am having the same issue. Just with LiPo batteries can’t get the charger to do anything.

RC poster
    Just found this on another thread. He was having the same issue.
    Update:

Talked to customer support this morning. The good: they are replacing/fixing this charger. The bad: they send defective stuff out, wont let you return it, make the customer pay for the shipping, let you be out of using the stuff you just bought for weeks. For reference, I just got it Friday, so not even a week old