Thread: Maxx or revo2.0

RC poster

Maxx or revo2.0

Hey guys Iím really stuck on what I want next. Maybe Iíll take your guys opinions and whatever has more votes and the reasons why u think that platform is better, I will make my decision based of that. Thank you.

RC Champion
    Maxx

or
    Xmaxx
    Both is the ticket
    fabricator

RC Qualifier
    My bro has the Revo 2.0.
    Its a great truck, but you need to do some extra work to it, especially with those rear shock rod ends that keep pulling out and coming loose. At a minimum, consider a rear metal chassis brace and some limiting straps for the shocks - both items well documented online. I've done both to his truck and its been OK since.

Personally I went for the X-Maxx. Solid truck. Needs the odd upgrade, like the servo, rear hubs etc. But otherwise its solid. However ended up selling as it was just too much of a hassle to lug around to the places I ran!

In the end I went for the Maxx instead.Its pretty much solid out of the box. The WideMaxx kit and steel CVDs will be going on shortly, but thats just personal preference. For me it wa the perfect mix of size and power!

All great trucks, but I just preferred the chassis and layout of the X-Maxx/Maxx, as well as the way it drives......
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Competitor
    i bought a revo 2 thinking it was going to be a solid truck for BASHING but it seemed like every 3-4 jumps i took it would break 1 of the following: push rods, the shock cap would go missing throwing out the suspension or the toe links. the revo2 is a headache with all the breaks and the axles slipping out of the drive cup some how? no idea how that occurs with no breaks but it does

ive had my maxx about 3-4 days now and ive done the same jump on the maxx that i did with the revo2 and nothing has broke yet..

however i ramp the heck out of mine off a handmade ramp and do backflips and tear up the yard with my brother who also has a maxx and my nephew who has a stampede. if you are going to ramp and get a lot of air time i would say do not get the revo. if you are going on straight land with some lumps or bumps then the revo should be fine i would think.

The E-Revo is a beast and can take some serious punishment. But you canít be a dummy about just trashing an rc and not expecting it to break.

The push rods are a known issue and to fix the push rod ends from popping off, install a set of limiting straps.

Havenít seen anyone loose a shock cap myself, canít speak for others on that one.

Iíve not seen many threads on axles popping out but I suspect itís because of suspension over travel and the one end can flex out of the cup. Not entirely sure, never had that happen myself.

You canít compare the E-Revo to the Maxx, they market the E-Revo as 1/10 but itís more like 1/8th scale, and the Maxx is 1/10 sized Xmaxx.

The Maxx is much different from the E-Revo in terms of what each one can do and what they will do well. The E-Revo is a speed monster truck, and the Maxx is a bashers dream. Not to say the E-Revo canít bash, it can be bashed hard, but you will need a few small upgrades that are fairly cheap.

One other thing to consider is the power train that each rc has. 6s power for the E-Revo and 4s power for the Maxx. The E-Revo is longer, wider, and (maybe?)heavier, donít quote me on that last one.

Donít hate the E-Revo if you havenít tried to address the issues youíre having with it by trying known fixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    ive seen the limiter thing you mention but they seemed cheap and needed modification if i remember correctly.. mind linking me please? and yeah i think the axle coming out is over travel and this limiter would resolve that too

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whoflungpoo View Post
    ive seen the limiter thing you mention but they seemed cheap and needed modification if i remember correctly.. mind linking me please? and yeah i think the axle coming out is over travel and this limiter would resolve that too

thanks
    Glad I can help. Hope you didnít think I was being too harsh on ya, was just pointing out differences to you and what not.

From eBay, they have different lengths.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362434361076

RC Competitor
    Maxx is the toughest truck I have ever owned. Nothing has broken related to the chassis/driveline. I am on my 3rd servo and my 2nd esc. It is now a 6s maxx. Body is also in bad shape, but I have beat it nonstop since getting it. I had erevo 1.0 it was a huge pain to work on and not all that tough.

RC poster
    .. just had my servo go out on my 1/16 Summit and I've barely used it in two+ weeks of use. Not very promising :-/

Not looking forward to that happening on my Maxx (which i've owned almost as long, which means diddly squat) wonder if I should preemptively get a metal gear servo for the inevitable..
    Last edited by Ennui; 04-23-2020 at 08:10 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Glad I can help. Hope you didnít think I was being too harsh on ya, was just pointing out differences to you and what not.

From eBay, they have different lengths.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362434361076

no i took no offense to your post, everyone has their own experience and their own wisdom based on their experience and your knowledge actually helped me so thanks for responding. and i actually found a very helpful video and i am going to purchase some parts including the link you sent to hopefully fix my ongoing breakage of my erevo2. here's the video i found and perhaps could help the op
    https://youtu.be/MJOgcxF_D4w

thanks!

I have wrecked the absolute guts out of my e revo 2.0 consistently for over a year and I haven’t had any breakages other than the wheelie bar (which I added) and a few small parts like bent rocker posts. The thing sees more bad landings and cartwheels than I care to admit. The only thing it did that legitimately aggravated me was the motor went out for some reason but I think that was due to me getting it too wet when I cleaned it. The only real modification I have is the metal rear chassis brace. Ive never had a single rod end pull out, or driveshaft come out, and I’m actually still on both stock servos. I know not everyone has been this lucky, but mine has been an incredibly solid truck.