RC poster

Rear Bearing Issue

Hi, so I've gone through 6 sets of rear bearings in the last month...

I recently upgraded from the Traxxas metal driveshafts to MIP X-Duty drive shafts with 17mm wheel nut mod. When I originally did the upgrade I was running completely metal front and rear components (A arms, steering, knuckles, etc). Since running the X-Duty's, I've busted a bunch of X-Duty parts, which is fine considering some of the air the truck has been getting, but the most frustrating part is blowing through stock rear bearings every run or two. I even switched to RPM A Arms to try to reduce the stress on the rear bearings but I'm still breaking them.

My most recent change was to run ceramic bearings in the rear (and after 1 run no breakage), but I'm wondering if you have an comments/suggestions.

Thanks.

Andrew

Regarding all the "busted" bearings, were they all the stock Traxxas bearings, or were they (other than the originals) an aftermarket bearing brand? If aftermarket, what brand?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisonaj View Post
    Hi, so I've gone through 6 sets of rear bearings in the last month...

I recently upgraded from the Traxxas metal driveshafts to MIP X-Duty drive shafts with 17mm wheel nut mod. When I originally did the upgrade I was running completely metal front and rear components (A arms, steering, knuckles, etc). Since running the X-Duty's, I've busted a bunch of X-Duty parts, which is fine considering some of the air the truck has been getting, but the most frustrating part is blowing through stock rear bearings every run or two. I even switched to RPM A Arms to try to reduce the stress on the rear bearings but I'm still breaking them.

My most recent change was to run ceramic bearings in the rear (and after 1 run no breakage), but I'm wondering if you have an comments/suggestions.

Thanks.

Andrew
    Do you have a picture of the truck? It is easier to diagnose the problem if we can see it. You can go to Tapatalk to post pictures easily.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Traxxas Marshal
    It's pretty uncommon to go through that many bearings that quickly. I would suspect that something with your setup is off. As suggested above, seeing some pictures may help diagnose the issue.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Have you forgotten to install the "crush washers" between the bearings?

RC Qualifier
    Which bearing? Wheel, diff, input, there are a lot of bearings. What is the condition where you bash, is it sandy or Dusty, or parking lot? Check your drive line parts and make sure something else isnít broke or incorrectly installed. Verify everything around the bearing is OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash Ultimate 4x4, MMX-2200kv/Slash 4x4, MMX-2650

RC poster
    For bearing gents...an awesome resource!

https://www.avidrc.com/

Buy all of my race and bashing needs when it comes to bearings from the guys.