RC Qualifier

Servo - 2085 or 2085x?

So far I have installed the widemaxx kit, steel CVDs, and the light kit.

I'm now turning my attention to the servo.

I would like a straight drop-in solution without having to worry about BEC requirements and additional power etc.

Whats the difference in power between the stock and the 2085 stock Maxx servo?
    I have a stock 2085 servo in my parts drawer, brand new and unused from when I upgraded my XMaxx so its no additional cost. I could upgrade this with the metal gear set before installing into the Maxx......

Or should I just bite the bullet and go with the 2085x, and be done with it!

So the options I'm considering at the moment are:

1. Remove stock Maxx servo. Sell it. Install the 2085 servo with metal gears into Maxx.
    2. Remove stock Maxx servo. Sell it. Sell the 2085 servo also. Install a 2085x into Maxx.

I cant find good data info comparing all three servos - stock Maxx, 2085, and the 2085x, so I'm struggling to make a decision!
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Competitor
    from what i could find:

2075 has 125 oz-in torque
    2085 has 365 oz-in torque
    2085x has 448 oz-in torque

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by whoflungpoo View Post
    from what i could find:

2075 has 125 oz-in torque
    2085 has 365 oz-in torque
    2085x has 448 oz-in torque
    Thanks - but the stock Maxx servo isn't 2075 - thats in the E-Revo 2.0 etc.
    I think the Maxx is a 2090??

With a truck the size of the Maxx the 2085 should be OK I guess, although Im still tempted to just go with the 2085x! lol

RC Competitor
    2090 has 285 oz-in torque

:P

RC Champion
    Part# 2087x metal gears for 2085 servo
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    From that list get the2085x, but For 6 bucks you can get a servo cage and put in a Quality 1/10 scale servo. No real mods and the servo will last longer than the traxxas servo in my findings.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    From that list get the2085x, but For 6 bucks you can get a servo cage and put in a Quality 1/10 scale servo. No real mods and the servo will last longer than the traxxas servo in my findings.
    x2

but if you go with the smaller one you would need this: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7749

RC Qualifier
    Happy to go with another servo - any recommendations?
    Ive always used Savox in the past.....

Also how much power does the stock Traxxas ESC provide the servo?? I don't really want to run an external BEC and theres no point spending on a powerful servo if I cant power it and get the full benefit.....

RC Competitor
    I just put a powerhobby 729MBL in a xmaxx very happy with the power and speed. No idea how it will hold up as i only got 10 packs or so on it so far. I had 2085x in there before this and I would say it is a good improvement. No Bec added either.

RC Qualifier
    Considered the 2255 but I think even the 2085x has more torque then the 2255?

RC Enthusiast
    I just put the metal gear kit in my stock X-Maxx servo, that I had removed shortly after buying my X-Maxx, and installed it in my Maxx 4s along with a Hot Racing steering bellcrank. Sure is a lot stiffer and completely adjustable. Still waiting on the Traxxas 17mm splined hubs to come in before bash test. Hubs are lost in the mail! Aaarrrggg
    X-Maxx_Maxx_Rust4x4vxl_TRX-4_Slash4x4_Rally_4Tec2

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    I just put the metal gear kit in my stock X-Maxx servo, that I had removed shortly after buying my X-Maxx, and installed it in my Maxx 4s along with a Hot Racing steering bellcrank. Sure is a lot stiffer and completely adjustable. Still waiting on the Traxxas 17mm splined hubs to come in before bash test. Hubs are lost in the mail! Aaarrrggg
    oh nice ive been considering that bellcrank and servo saver combo for $40 and using the 2085x from my xmaxx.. are you going to the widekit to get those 17mm hubs? if not can you tell me how you are able to get the 17mm hubs without going to the widekit?
    i dont want the widekit but i do want the 17mm hubs lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    Part number for the HR Bellcrank?

EDIT : Found it - MXX48M01
    Last edited by IftiBashir; 04-28-2020 at 09:30 AM.

RC poster
    I recently put in the 2085x in my maxx and it now steers perfectly in grass. I am a bit surprised as to how hot it gets after even one battery. I replaced the whole servo saver crank and it now steers like a dream

RC poster
    Can someone post pictures of MXX48M01 installed please.