RC poster

Solid red light on ESC and not moving the E-Revo 2.0, please help!!!

Hi Guys,
    I have an e-Revo 2.0 and on the weekend I was playing on a field when suddenly the car stopped. I could steer the wheels, but when I pulled the throttle Iíd doesnít move and makes a weird clicking noise. I went home charged the batteries (3cell 5000mah 11.1v 25c Lipo) and tried to connect them again and it had a same problem and the ESC had a solid red light after the normal start up. Someone could help me. Iím not sure what could be the problem. Thank you!

What part on the esc has the red light?

There are 4 locations. Main rsc light. Temp / amps / voltage

Check the connection between esc and motor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Now, when I started up the light furthest from the bottom is green. Still steering but not moving and it has the strange noise. You can hear the noise on the video.

RC Champion
    Take your gear cover off, it sounds like your spur and pinion are not connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Take your gear cover off, it sounds like your spur and pinion are not connecting.
    Thanks for the vid

I agree spur or pinion gears shot.

RC Racer
    PGavaller:
    When I picked up my eRevo 2.0 (Used) it behaved in a similar manner (I got up cheap because it was 'broken').
    My first thought was that the Spur/Pinion gears were stripped, but that turned out to not be the case.
    For me it turned out to be that the previous owner had changed out the Spur gear, and failed to reassemble the "Cush Drive" assembly correctly, causing the bits in there to simply chew themselves all up. I don't recall the EXACT parts that I had to replace but it was likely 7739X, 6465, some screws, and I think that I went back to the stock plastic 54T (6449) spur gear as well.
    Your situation is likely different than mine, but I figured that I'd throw in my 2 cents for the benefit of future folks coming the forum archives.
    The exploded views in the manual are very helpful: https://traxxas.com/products/models/...revo?t=support
    In particular for this issue: https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/E-...ssion-Assembly
    Good Luck, and have fun! --BillJ
    Last edited by Single_Trac; 04-27-2020 at 08:13 AM.

RC poster
    I took the cover off and they are connecting. It should be something else, but thank you for the advice.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    PGavaller:
    When I picked up my eRevo 2.0 (Used) it behaved in a similar manner (I got up cheap because it was 'broken').
    My first thought was that the Spur/Pinion gears were stripped, but that turned out to not be the case.
    For me it turned out to be that the previous owner had changed out the Spur gear, and failed to reassemble the "Cush Drive" assembly correctly, causing the bits in there to simply chew themselves all up. I don't recall the EXACT parts that I had to replace but it was likely 7739X, 6465, some screws, and I think that I went back to the stock plastic 54T (6449) spur gear as well.
    Your situation is likely different than mine, but I figured that I'd throw in my 2 cents for the benefit of future folks coming the forum archives.
    The exploded views in the manual are very helpful: https://traxxas.com/products/models/...revo?t=support
    In particular for this issue: https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/E-...ssion-Assembly
    Good Luck, and have fun! --BillJ
    Thank you Bill, I will pull them apart. I never done anything like this, but I try my best. Any suggestions how to disassemble these parts?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Thanks for the vid

I agree spur or pinion gears shot.

Thank you for your comments. I pulled the cover off and they are connecting. I might take the transmission apart.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PGavaller View Post
    Thank you Bill, I will pull them apart. I never done anything like this, but I try my best. Any suggestions how to disassemble these parts?
    Well, at this point, I think that maybe you want to do a bit more diagnostic work before you go tearing things apart. If you can narrow down the area that is not working correctly, you can (hopefully) save yourself from working on things that are not broken.

With the gear cover off (so you can see the spur and pinion gears), if you roll the truck forward (ESC powered OFF), does the spur gear move in concert with the wheels (and spin the pinion and motor with it)? If the spur gear is not moving, but the shaft that the spur gear is on *is* spinning, then the cush-drive is likely be the issue.

YouTube is your friend here (and your enemy, in that finding something concise can be a challenge :-) )...

Here is a vid that shows how to get the car taken apart enough to access the cush-drive. This guy goes on to replace the motor-mount plate with a different color one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBg...h&index=8&t=0s

Here is a vid that shows disassembly of the cush-drive (tho the guy calls it a 'clutch'), transmission, and center-diff:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoCF1VIAGjU (Skip to 3:20 where he starts taking the cush-drive apart, and at 36:40 he re-assembles the cush-drive) This guy goes on to completely disassemble the transmission and the center diff, but hopefully you don't need to go that deep. Nice to see it done, tho (even if it's pretty long).

The eRevo is not the easiest thing to work on (at least compared to the Rustler 4x4/Slash 4x4 platform), but it sure is fun to drive!

Good Luck, and keep us posted! --BillJ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    Well, at this point, I think that maybe you want to do a bit more diagnostic work before you go tearing things apart. If you can narrow down the area that is not working correctly, you can (hopefully) save yourself from working on things that are not broken.

With the gear cover off (so you can see the spur and pinion gears), if you roll the truck forward (ESC powered OFF), does the spur gear move in concert with the wheels (and spin the pinion and motor with it)? If the spur gear is not moving, but the shaft that the spur gear is on *is* spinning, then the cush-drive is likely be the issue.

YouTube is your friend here (and your enemy, in that finding something concise can be a challenge :-) )...

Here is a vid that shows how to get the car taken apart enough to access the cush-drive. This guy goes on to replace the motor-mount plate with a different color one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBg...h&index=8&t=0s

Here is a vid that shows disassembly of the cush-drive (tho the guy calls it a 'clutch'), transmission, and center-diff:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoCF1VIAGjU (Skip to 3:20 where he starts taking the cush-drive apart, and at 36:40 he re-assembles the cush-drive) This guy goes on to completely disassemble the transmission and the center diff, but hopefully you don't need to go that deep. Nice to see it done, tho (even if it's pretty long).

The eRevo is not the easiest thing to work on (at least compared to the Rustler 4x4/Slash 4x4 platform), but it sure is fun to drive!

Good Luck, and keep us posted! --BillJ
    Thank you Bill and guys! It looks like my motor failed. When I tried to roll the car forward and backward the four wheels were locked up. Since I’m new to the RC world, I thought it is the safest way if I take the car to my local RC shop to check it out. They informed me about the motor failure, which is something that you won’t expect from a 3 weeks old vehicle. Now, I will reach out to the store from where I bought it, they might be able to assist with the warranty process. Otherwise, I call Traxxas directly, but that will be a lengthy procedure because I live in Europe. I will keep you posted. Thank you, Peter