RC poster

Extra Screw & Foam after Kit Build?

I just finished building a Stampede 4x4 kit with my kid for his birthday. After all is said and don't I've got 2 parts on the table I can't find homes for?

1 ea 3x12mm BCS. I'm pretty sure this was leftover from the "Chassis Bag" but the only spot that seems o use this screw is attaching the shock tower to the rear bulkhead, which would have used hardware from the "Rear Bulkhead Bag". I don't SEE any empty screw holes LOL

1ea piece of foam. 1.75" Long x 1/4" Wide x 5/8" Tall with some self stick on the bottom. No clue, can't find it anywhere in the instructions.

Other than these 2 things the kit went together nicely. Now to figure out how to setup these electronics. I haven't been in the RC car world since I was a kid (20+ years!).

ac

RC poster
    I believe both shock towers use the size, Id make sure all 4 of those screws are in both sides. If that’s not it, you may want to consider checking your 3x10 BCS screws... maybe one of those got swapped around. I just did the kit build also for mine, but I’ve heavily upgraded my P4DE since then.

RC poster
    Also, I believe the extra piece of foam is for when you install the ESC as that’s not included. Just a spare piece for you to use if you wish

RC poster
    If you check all that and everything is still smooth, I’d chalk it up to spare parts and hold onto it in case you do find the spare hole

RC Champion
    The left over foam is for the battery tray to help cushion the battery and I can't help you on the left over screws because it would just be a guessing game with what came with or without the extra parts.

RC poster
    Thanks for the tips guys. I can't find anywhere with a missing screw. I've gone over the build a few times and I've even removed a few parts here and there to gain access to hidden screws. The kid has been bashing it for 3 straight days, if there is a missing screw it clearly isn't THAT important!

RC Qualifier
    Rear shock tower/body mount? A lot of times I only use two but there should be a place for four I believe.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The body mounts look like only 2 bolts to the shock tower. I also only have 1 "extra".

RC poster
    I just finished the kit 2 days ago, and I had same parts left over. Silly me thought maybe foam was (optional) cushion under motor (I didn't put it there). There's empty space under reciever, but its mounted on "posts" so doesn't go there. I guess it makes sense to go under battery (optional).
    I used the screw on a different Stampede that had a bent screw.
    I didn't have to do anything with the electronics, as far as setup. I just plugged everything in and a charged battery. Was good to go.

RC Qualifier
    The foam block takes up space in the battery tray should ypu use a shorter pack.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 314bldr View Post
    I just finished the kit 2 days ago, and I had same parts left over. Silly me thought maybe foam was (optional) cushion under motor (I didn't put it there). There's empty space under reciever, but its mounted on "posts" so doesn't go there. I guess it makes sense to go under battery (optional).
    I used the screw on a different Stampede that had a bent screw.
    I didn't have to do anything with the electronics, as far as setup. I just plugged everything in and a charged battery. Was good to go.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk