Thread: Xmaxx rebuild

RC Racer

Xmaxx rebuild

I am doing a rebuild being prompted by my back tires blowing up today and I just want too.
    So I was wondering what you guys think of this parts list. Also if you guys know if this will cause more breakages or stay about the same or improve on durability well except for the ones that have nothing to do with that.

Tires: um I'm not sure. I like the stockers but I would like to know if there's a better option out there. P.S. the prolines are too heavy
    A-arms: I was thinking about maybe switching to RPM arms with the pins but I also have heard mixed things about them. What are your thoughts or experiences?
    Servo: This won't be immediate by some miracle my stock one has held up for a year but when it does break is the 2085X good or is switching to a normal size one with the bracket better?
    Dusty motor cover
    Is the cleanup time it saves worth it or will it cause too much overheating?
    Shock socks
    Tbone racing maxximus bumper
    Tbone racing wheelie bar
    Tbone racing center skid plate
    Um, these look cool and my bumper is shot but I don't know if the extra weight will cause more breakages or the products will improve durability I've never used Tbone stuff.

Man, I realized how much this made me sound like a noob but I am not. I've owned senorita maxxorita for a while and she needs a little love.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    I am doing a rebuild being prompted by my back tires blowing up today and I just want too.
    So I was wondering what you guys think of this parts list. Also if you guys know if this will cause more breakages or stay about the same or improve on durability well except for the ones that have nothing to do with that.

Tires: um I'm not sure. I like the stockers but I would like to know if there's a better option out there. P.S. the prolines are too heavy
    A-arms: I was thinking about maybe switching to RPM arms with the pins but I also have heard mixed things about them. What are your thoughts or experiences?
    Servo: This won't be immediate by some miracle my stock one has held up for a year but when it does break is the 2085X good or is switching to a normal size one with the bracket better?
    Dusty motor cover
    Is the cleanup time it saves worth it or will it cause too much overheating?
    Shock socks
    Tbone racing maxximus bumper
    Tbone racing wheelie bar
    Tbone racing center skid plate
    Um, these look cool and my bumper is shot but I don't know if the extra weight will cause more breakages or the products will improve durability I've never used Tbone stuff.

Man, I realized how much this made me sound like a noob but I am not. I've owned senorita maxxorita for a while and she needs a little love.
    Get duratrax x tires

I have rpm a arms I love them. Only cracked one after hiting a mailbox post at 55mph

I have a savox 2290sg I love it plenty strong for the truck.

Dusty motors holds too much heat in. Just use compressed air.

Shock socks are fine I donít have them but I used bike inner tubes and they were great

I have full t-bone armor and love it.
    Just make sure to replace the wheels with skateboard ones I can show you how.

Also replace the mounting hardware for the center skid I can show you for this too!

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run proline badlands, and stock lower arms and HR upper arms. GDS aluminum steering brace and rack. Traxxas aluminum toe links. Lots of other goodies. Same Savox as overpower with a Castle 2.0 WP BEC. I think stock springs are too soft,(others experience)
    But Iíve never had them. Iíd start with 1.4 or 1.5ís

RC Racer
    I see the words x max rebuild and I'm hoping to get a answer to my question ,I don't have a x max yet , waiting on availability , but I'm wondering if they have changed the motor mount sytem from just being screwed into plastic , I've heard nightmares on this , I'm praying this has been addressed in some way , thank you for your help

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by relic01 View Post
    I see the words x max rebuild and I'm hoping to get a answer to my question ,I don't have a x max yet , waiting on availability , but I'm wondering if they have changed the motor mount sytem from just being screwed into plastic , I've heard nightmares on this , I'm praying this has been addressed in some way , thank you for your help
    No they havenít but make sure to remove the paint match system when you get it as that will cause stripped gears

The only stupid question is the one not asked....

I'd go with the rpm a-arms once you break the stock. The rpm threaded pins or cen pins(I'd get the cen pins if can find em as thread portion is 4mm vs rpm 3mm. I sheered a rpm one at the threads) are only ment for the bottom pins don't put on the top of the front as it limits your steering. Mistake I did.

I like the inner tube idea for shock socks. My cloth ones have gotten beat up from turtling it on the erevo and the other cars tires rubbing on it. In trying to use the xmaxx to flip over the erevo. It keeps the grit out of the shock shafts so worth it IMHO. Reduces replacing broken seals

I'm thinking about the chassis cover myself. Think depends on how warm it is where your at. As biggest complaint I've seen is extra heat and more fuss in swapping batteries. I do get a lot of crap inside where the steering link is from servo to servo saver. And starts binding up my steering. Just depends on where I'm running on for how often this happens. Kinda annoying to stock and clean the rocks and grass out.

I did 1.53 springs all the way around. But think I should of gone a step down in the front. I can tell the front is pretty bouncy at the park feild at wot. But it's working well enough for me right now for jumping. I probably need to turn down my preload.

Kinda thinking the proline dual rate springs may be a little more ideal to soak up the smaller bumps but still keep it stiff for the big air... But reviews kinda turned me off a bit for the price.

Personally I'd go with the belted Badland if I needed a tire. Love those tires on my erevo 2. (Non belted but wrapped in kevlar string) didn't have the belted version when I got em. I wrapped my stock

A wider bumper would be nice. I've broken 2 a-arms due to small trees making it right between the bumper and a arm. The tbone one looks like it give a little more protection.

I'm due for all new skids as my ramp chews em up... Not sure if I want aluminum or just stock.. as cheaper to go through multiple stock ones vs a aluminum.

I've found the stock wheelie bar works well enough if keep the bearings serviced. After a month mine were locked up tight due to grime. But after a servicing and good grease it's been a non issue.

I put in the 2085x servo and HR horn. I didn't want to mess with making a different servo fit..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post

I like the inner tube idea for shock socks. My cloth ones have gotten beat up from turtling it on the erevo and the other cars tires rubbing on it. In trying to use the xmaxx to flip over the erevo. It keeps the grit out of the shock shafts so worth it IMHO. Reduces replacing broken seals

Kinda thinking the proline dual rate springs may be a little more ideal to soak up the smaller bumps but still keep it stiff for the big air... But reviews kinda turned me off a bit for the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I used I believe 1.9 or 1.75 inner tubes
    They will get some cuts but not immediately

My Vg racing springs are supposed to be here today so I will let you know if I like those

RC Racer
    Wow, thanks for all the responses! Heres my updated list.
    Tires: I appreciate the thoughts on tires, but my stockers lasted me a year and they're cheap from Jennysrc so I'll replace them for now. But should I wrap them and why is stopping ballooning good?
    A-arms: I will just replace the broken one with one of my extras and do a good wd40 soaking for now, but I will get the rpm hinge pins.
    Due to the fact that I am lazy and hate cleaning and don't like debris in my chassis imma get the dusty motors cover.
    Shock socks: I will probably do the bike inner tube thing that's a good idea.
    Wheelie bar: I'll keep it stock till I break it (which with my bashing "style" I will).
    Bumper: Mine is beat and the Tbone looks super tough so I'll be getting the Maxximus.
    I'll skip the center skid cuz I've never had an issue with the stock one.

Bye, for now, stay healthy and bash hard.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Racer
    I just can't get past this motor mounting with screws into plastic , there gunna reem out and there's nobody that can disagree with that specially if you like to work on your stuff 3 times in n out and there not gunna be the same , if I'm seeing this wrong I would really like to know ,I don't own one yet and the hobby shops are closed I can't check them out

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by relic01 View Post
    I just can't get past this motor mounting with screws into plastic , there gunna reem out and there's nobody that can disagree with that specially if you like to work on your stuff 3 times in n out and there not gunna be the same , if I'm seeing this wrong I would really like to know ,I don't own one yet and the hobby shops are closed I can't check them out
    Your problem is solved
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRA7759R-Tr...-/122131481370