RC poster

Traxxas Ez-Peak Plus battery compatability

Hi guys, I'm a novice so go easy on me!!

I recently purchased a Traxxas BigFoot Special Edition. I found the 12 volt DC charger hopeless to use it just did not work properly with any of our cars. So I coughed up another AUD$100 for this wizz bang Traxxas Ez-Peak Plus charger which unfortunately just does not work and I'm wondering whether the standard battery I got with the kit (PowerCell 8.4v NIMH 3000MAH, Part #2926X) is not compatible with the charger?

Am trying to figure out what to do next . . . buy another charger (assuming I can't get a refund) or buy another battery . . . either way is annoying . . . am I the only that has done this before??

Thanks all

Josh

*Traxxas has a strict language policy, please keep the verbiage clean.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-28-2020 at 08:21 AM.

What error codes is the charger giving you?

What model charger do you have?

For #2970
    List of error codes on page 2
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...er-INST-EN.pdf

Same name but different visually
    Manual didn't find a model #

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...ual-120323.pdf

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Not giving me any error codes, the lights just continue to flash up the screen from 1A to green, just doesn't seem to recognise the battery, the charger is EZ-Peak Plus Part 2970 and the battery is PowerCell 8.4v NIMH 3000MAH, Part #2926X

I do not have the charger just helping troubleshoot.

The batteries will take a while 1h+. To charge. On the wallwart type chargers 8 to 12h.

How long are the batteries on either charger? How old are the batteries?

A 3000mha battery will take ~3h to charge @1amp

RC poster
    You raise a good point the battery could be old . . .

From the Youtube clips I watch of the EZ-Peak charger seems to recognise the battery straight away and then you select the type of battery in this case a NIMh and press start and it charges all pretty straight forward . . . maybe the battery is damaged or something because it doesn't seem to move away from the starting sequence

Thanks for your help on this and sorry if I'm being difficult

RC Racer
    I donít know whatís different between the batteries, but the battery that youíre saying youíre trying to use with your supplied chargerĖ the 2926X, does not show as available battery for that truck when you scroll through the available parts for that truck, and if you go to the truck modelís page, it shows a 2023x as the standard battery. Itís weird though, because if you type in 2926X in the search bar, the big foot No 1 pops up as one of the many trucks that works with that battery....

As far as whether or not that 2926x battery is compatible with that new charger, I wouldnít see why not but, have you charged it before on your charger that came with the truck? Itís possible something couldíve happened to it is why it supposedly wonít charge on the charger that came with your truck and why it wonít charge on the new charger either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk