RC poster

Traxxas High-Intensity LED Light Kit #8990 question

So I purchased a new light kit the other day. Installed it and it's awesome. Buttt... The Traxxas product page mentions "brake lights". Are they referring to the red tail lights that are always on when the light kit is on? Or are the tail lights actually supposed to get brighter as if you we're hitting the brakes on a regular car?

Mine tail lights are constant red, no changes in brightness while the brakes are applied. Reverse works fine and lights up bright white.

Is this how everything should run, and Traxxas is just calling solid red tail lights "brake lights"? Or is there actually supposed to be brake lights lighting up when I hit the brakes?

Thanks everyone!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentR01 View Post
    So I purchased a new light kit the other day. Installed it and it's awesome. Buttt... The Traxxas product page mentions "brake lights". Are they referring to the red tail lights that are always on when the light kit is on? Or are the tail lights actually supposed to get brighter as if you we're hitting the brakes on a regular car?

Mine tail lights are constant red, no changes in brightness while the brakes are applied. Reverse works fine and lights up bright white.

Is this how everything should run, and Traxxas is just calling solid red tail lights "brake lights"? Or is there actually supposed to be brake lights lighting up when I hit the brakes?

Thanks everyone!
    My break lights come on we well as my reverse lights so something is definitely off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Well crap... I double checked the wiring and everything is fine. Anyone have an idea on how to get the brake lights working?

RC Qualifier
    The rear red lights should be always on.
    When you brake they intensify - ie they get much brighter.
    When you reverse the reverse lights in the middle of the bar illuminate.

Check all of your connections.
    Check both ends of the rear cables to make sure there are no breaks.

There are no extra settings to get the brake lights working. They should work by default.
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC poster
    Thanks! I'll double check. I contacted Traxxas and they told me to send them in and emailed me an RGA. Although it seems like a lot of work to disassemble and mail them the pieces just because my tail lights don't get brighter when I hit the brakes. First world problems here... Haha

RC Qualifier
    Should be like this. I didn't want to give it too much throttle in case it fell of the box and damaged my freshly painted wall! lol
    But enough to give you the general idea......

https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir